Jim

How do I get Macromedia installations to stay installed?

I am running Windows XP Home Edition with SP-2 installed. I am also using
Symantec Internet Security with their firewall (which disabled the XP
firewall, or so my computer tells me). When I use Internet Explorer 6 and go
to various web sites, a small bar will appear near the top of the screen
advising me that I need to install a Macromedia product in order to see the
web page. I go through the steps and everything works, but every time I go
to various web pages I get this message.

Is there any way to configure my computer (short of turning off my firewall)
so that the Macromedia installations stay installed?

Also, I must have a dozen or so already installed. Is there any place to go
on my computer and delete some that are old or no longer necessary?

Thank you to all.

Launch Internet Explorer and from the Toolbar select:
Tools > Internet Options > Settings > View Objects.
Right-click on each item denoted as "Shockwave Flash Object"
and select "Remove". Afterward, install Macromedia Flash Player:
http://www.macromedia.com/downloads/

Macromedia Flash Player Support Center
http://www.macromedia.com/support/flashplayer/

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Jim" wrote:

| How do I get Macromedia installations to stay installed?
|
| I am running Windows XP Home Edition with SP-2 installed. I am also using
| Symantec Internet Security with their firewall (which disabled the XP
| firewall, or so my computer tells me). When I use Internet Explorer 6 and go
| to various web sites, a small bar will appear near the top of the screen
| advising me that I need to install a Macromedia product in order to see the
| web page. I go through the steps and everything works, but every time I go
| to various web pages I get this message.
|
| Is there any way to configure my computer (short of turning off my firewall)
| so that the Macromedia installations stay installed?
|
| Also, I must have a dozen or so already installed. Is there any place to go
| on my computer and delete some that are old or no longer necessary?
|
| Thank you to all.

mark

It ried this because I am having problems getting flash to download. It did
not work.