Mad Catz Intros 5-Piece S.T.R.I.K.E.5 Pro Gaming Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pennanen

Honorable
May 29, 2012
Madcatz is a perfect example what is wrong with branding and marketing. You can take ugliest and shittiest piece of product and sell it if you find proper audience, which in thise case is 13 y /o teens who want to be cool in eyes of other kids.

Just saying.

spookyman

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2011
And in a year of use the lettering on the keys will wear off.

Now as for my IBM 101 PS/2 keyboard....It can be washed in a Dishwasher to clean it and still keeps ticking.

Wonder if you can do that with this keyboard.

JBB-SaDo

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2012
Maybe I am not "hardcore" enough, but a standard keyboard is been good enough for me never had any issues. don't see the benefit of spending the extra $$$ on a "gamer" keyboard.

Looks nice though...

G

i appreciate the modularity but the price is absurd. ill probably end up buying a cooler master mechanical keyboard, for now ill stick with my ratty old ps/2 keyboard with a few broken keys for bios settings and my logitech k-400 as my main keyboard, having a wire is a real drag for me as i typically sit on the couch when using my gaming rig because i still dont have a damn desk chair DX

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]husker[/nom]Because all the features described should be free?[/citation]

because its plastic, ans membrane, makeing all the parts for the keyboard alone cost at most 20-30$
the oled thing may be an extra 20$
call it gamer, where there is how you an put an extra 100$ on something that is crap and sell it for alot.

please, look into the base cost of manufacturing this kind of crap before you tell us its not seriously overpriced. there is profit margin, and than there is selling it for 4 times manufacturing cost

[citation][nom]internetlad[/nom]60g actuation force? Sounds an awful lot like cherry MX blacks. . .Is this mech?[/citation]

no, it would be a major marketing bullet point if it was, but even if it was mechanical, it would still be overpriced, as you need a to plate mount mechanical keys to make those keyboards last a long time, and most gamer boards (i think steel series is the only exception) pcb mount

[citation][nom]vanwazltoff[/nom]i appreciate the modularity but the price is absurd. ill probably end up buying a cooler master mechanical keyboard, for now ill stick with my ratty old ps/2 keyboard with a few broken keys for bios settings and my logitech k-400 as my main keyboard, having a wire is a real drag for me as i typically sit on the couch when using my gaming rig because i still dont have a damn desk chair DX[/citation]

look into a das keyboard professional, as i can not recommend any "gameing" mech keyboards besides steel series.

G

[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]look into a das keyboard professional, as i can not recommend any "gameing" mech keyboards besides steel series.[/citation]
das keybaords are way more than i want to spend on keyboard, the CM quick fires are also stretching it. ideally i want to get something that is comfortable above all else. not sure which cherry mx switches i would like the most, but i prefer a reasonable quiet keyboard with not a lot of resistance. i have had 4 chiclet keyboards and thats what i got used to, so preferably i would like something similar to that or between that and a standard keyboard. i am trying to go as wireless as possible, i have a desk but im on the couch most of the time, so cords get in the way and are an overall inconvenience plus family member tend to trip over cords, my rat 5 can attest to that as its been thrown across the room by idiots tripping over it about a 100 times

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]vanwazltoff[/nom]das keybaords are way more than i want to spend on keyboard, the CM quick fires are also stretching it. ideally i want to get something that is comfortable above all else. not sure which cherry mx switches i would like the most, but i prefer a reasonable quiet keyboard with not a lot of resistance. i have had 4 chiclet keyboards and thats what i got used to, so preferably i would like something similar to that or between that and a standard keyboard. i am trying to go as wireless as possible, i have a desk but im on the couch most of the time, so cords get in the way and are an overall inconvenience plus family member tend to trip over cords, my rat 5 can attest to that as its been thrown across the room by idiots tripping over it about a 100 times[/citation]

cherry mx blue is the one with tactical feel and sound
cherry mx brown is tactical feel
cherry mx black is silent with 60 gram force
cherry mx red is silent with 40 gram force

bare minimum you are looking at with a mechanical keyboard is 60$, as thats the base cost of the switches.
i recommend the das keyboard because i know those have plates, and can be found for 110$ some places online.

if you want any other kind of switch beside the cherry, you are looking at spending more money than what the das keyboards cost, because they are rarer or out of production.

if you are just concerned about cable length, than i can recommend a usb cable extension, it may not be pretty but it offers you FAR more options than just wireless keyboards.

i did a quick search in case wireless was non negotiable, i didnt see a way to make a wired keyboard wirless with a bridge but i did find this out

http://www.amazon.com/XArmor-U9W-wireless-mechanical-keyboard/dp/B004S862FW
and Filco use to make Bluetooth keyboards, both are kind of expensive though, i would recommend the filco as they use a mounting plate i believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.