Maddening BIOS Boot and BSOD

Grumpy_Gam3R

Prominent
Apr 10, 2017
Hey guys. First just wanted to say that this community is one of the most valuable support arenas around, thanks for all the help.

I am having an issue that I can't seem to figure out. I will do my best to explain, and apologize for my lack of knowledge due to my Experience.
My Hardware:
I270I pro Carbon ITX
I7-7700k
16 GB Ballistix
1TB SSHD
400 GB SSD
H100i V2
CX 750 PSU
GTX 1080 Rog Strix

I've received a lot of different BSOD. "Critical Process Died"
"Unexpected Store Eception"
"Kernel Power 41,63"

And then I reboot directly into BIOS, every time.
SSD is boot option 1
CPU has stock clocks
Bios is updated and has been cleared.
Windows has reinstalled.
Sfc/scan now is good to go
Temps are stable isle at 31 and load at 63
Cables are secure, hardware is secure and thermal paste re-applied.
I've also tried to boot without USB devices.
Windows updates are up to date. Drivers are up to date.

I'm concerned perhaps my SSD is dying. Even though it is fairly new?
I started to encounter these issues when I was messing around with a partition wizard trying to get windows on a separate partition to help speed up boot (don't know if that's the culprit)

So I formatted the SSD IN BIOS using secure erase.

X out of bios I load into windows The windows load logo appears twice and then windows is accessible. Within a few minutes I get BSOD. When I reboot I am in BIOS almost immediately Its absolutely maddening.

Any advice?

Solution
With whatever you're doing with your partitions and OS, you've essentially ended up with duplicate drivers, which is confusing af for your OS and the computer itself. At this point, with the duplicate drivers you're SOL for this current installation of Windows, you'll need to do an absolute clean install of the OS and start fresh. Should go without saying, refrain from doing what you did before.

If you are going to partion and move OS data you'll need to back up your data beforehand. Use a disk imager like Macrium Reflect or a snapshot tool like Rollback Rx to back up your system and data before you make changes like this.

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
With whatever you're doing with your partitions and OS, you've essentially ended up with duplicate drivers, which is confusing af for your OS and the computer itself. At this point, with the duplicate drivers you're SOL for this current installation of Windows, you'll need to do an absolute clean install of the OS and start fresh. Should go without saying, refrain from doing what you did before.

If you are going to partion and move OS data you'll need to back up your data beforehand. Use a disk imager like Macrium Reflect or a snapshot tool like Rollback Rx to back up your system and data before you make changes like this.

Solution