Status
Not open for further replies.

chinthakaru

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2008
Hi Guys,

Anyone here Purchased EVGA 9800 GTX from NEWEGG.com ?If yes which country printed on EVGA box as Made by ?(China or USA)

Regards & thanks

Chinthaka

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Mine says "Assembled in USA from parts made in China, Taiwan, and USA"

That just means they stuck their sticker on a Chinese card that used Taiwanese capacitors and a couple USA IC's. EVGA doesn't actually manufacture anything.

Zecow

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2008
I think most parts were made in Taiwan before.. now its mostly China. you can pay 3 chinese labor for 1 american labor..... The iphone is made in china... Steve Jobs knows best....

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
no dagger, its called outsourcing... they can pay a worker $5 a week in China where as they gotta pay 'em $5 an hour here. mexicans are competent workers. lol

dagger

Splendid
Mar 23, 2008

So one cause for outsourcing (higher labor costs) necessarily excludes the other (lack of skilled labor force)? Or are you just being a typical patriotic American and try to making up excuses instead of actually improving America? :whistle:
http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/01/21/business/factory.php
Can't change labor costs. But you can improve education. American kids are stupid enough as it is. Blaming it on something that can't be helped anyway means you don't need to do anything. So much easier that way. :kaola:

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
What? Give me a break.

See my PM to you. My answer is too long to post here. I would like you to give me a rebuttal, if you can.

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
At dagger's request.

What? Give me a break. Building those cards is mostly done by robots anyway and if it was done by hand it would take the intelligence level of an automaton.

There is still a large percentage of the population that could easily do whatever would need to be done, it has nothing to do with their ability, it has to do with the best wage/salary that they can earn, and knowing the opportunity exists and their job won't disappear halfway through their career.
At Hamill, a general machinist will start at $9 an hour, rising to $14.50 an hour after training, and going to $25 or more an hour for senior machinists, who can earn nearly $70,000 a year.
$9/Hr is ~$18,720 a year and 14.50/Hr is ~$30,160. It takes a long time to achieve senior machinist. Not impressive, although I'm surprised there aren't more high school grads looking for the careers, there are certainly qualified people, maybe they are going to college instead. I don't expect you would want the job, are you too stupid for it? I thought not. At any rate they could get the labor if they got to the people in high school and let them know of the opportunity for growth.

When I was in college in 1981 my marketing professor told the class not to look for jobs in the manufacturing sector because we were, if I remember correctly, a 93% service oriented economy and the manufacturing sector was in steady decline. That was in 1983.

But that is not enough to attract younger workers into manufacturing, a sector that has suffered an image problem over the years, with layoffs in well-known companies like the Big Three U.S. automakers.
Yeah, maybe they are all afraid that their jobs will be sent overseas as well. Some, probably much, I don't know what percent, of the "skilled machining has already left. I guess the workers were to stupid. :lol:

I guess you believe that there are no Americans that could read from the HP, Dell, Microsoft etc. manuals as well as the Indians. Well I call BS. The tech support was moved from the USA to these third world nations in order to save money and only for that reason. Bill Gates even got accolades for helping India by moving the jobs there. No one bothered to mention that it was at the expense of jobs in the USA.

I was looking into carrying a VOIP telephone system several years ago. It wasn't, and isn't, ready for prime time, but that's another story. At any rate, the guy was showing me a tunneling box that could be set up here and in India. He said that you could run three shifts in India for the price of one shift in the US. The barrier to this was the high phone costs, which are gone with the advent of VOIP. That and no other reason is why all the tech support jobs are gone, not because the Americans are too stupid.

There were plenty of workers doing just fine building cars in Detroit in the mid-eighties. Don't get me wrong, the big three were feeling the pinch, but people were still working. I was in Detroit doing design work at the GM Tech Center at the time. My girlfriend's father, a systems analyst, told me that he was working in Mexico setting up a factory there. Do you think that the Mexican labor force was smarter or better trained than the existing workforce in Detroit. Again I call total uninformed BS.

I had a friend in MD that had a girlfriend he met in Ohio. She built wiring harnesses for one of the big three, I can't remember which. Her company was closing because the automaker was switching to a supplier in Mexico. Are you going to tell me that the people that were working in this company for years doing the mundane task of building wiring harnesses couldn't do it as well as the new company in Mexico. I again call complete BS.

Do you get the point, or should I go on? Let me know, because I have just touched the tip of the iceberg.

You are right in one thing, the schools are crap. There is absolutely no accountability and 90% of the teachers are Marxists. That fully includes the universities.

Don't talk sh!t about the stupid American workforce being the cause of the jobs leaving. You embarrass yourself amongst those that know better.

Anybody gotta problem with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS