[SOLVED] Made some tweaks from guides on YouTube, things look better but performance took a huge dive

Yapsonark

Honorable
Apr 23, 2015
I followed Panjno's guide on YouTube to getting the most out of your PC for the best performance possible when playing CoD Modern Warfare, mostly for Warzone.

I'm not exactly sure how but for some reason my CPU hits 100% all the time now. When it does, everything begins to stutter really bad and audio also takes a nasty hit too.

I now can only play Warzone, if I shutdown any possible program/process I can find that uses the CPU. The game is playable but i'll still get a hard stutter every so often

Intel i7-7700 3.60GHz
16 GB RAM
GTX 1080

With this PC I was expecting better performance then this. I have even run into stuttering at times outside of games.
I'm tempted to do a fresh windows install at this point, not sure what I can do to fix it.

Temps are fine
latest drivers
CPU unparked
Ultimate Power Plan Package
I've tried both 144hz at 1440p down to 60hz 1080p but didn't fix the problem.
The game is starting to look ugly and still no performance improvement

In CoD options under graphics it says im using 2300 out of 8000 vram with the settings i'm using.

I really think my GPU is doing almost nothing when I play a game. My CPU feels like a huge bottleneck and I'm even worried there is some sort of hardware damage somewhere

If this is familiar to someone, any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Solution
Since this happened after you did changes to the system, undo those changes. What issues did you have before you messed with the system, what FPS were you getting? What power supply are you using?
I didn't have any issues before I made the changes. Things were starting to get really bad and was lucky to find an old system restore. It seems to have fixed the problem but made another mess of problems I've been fixing slowly.
At this point I think if I want better performance and quality I need to do some upgrades.
Thanks for your reply!

Yapsonark

Honorable
Apr 23, 2015
Since this happened after you did changes to the system, undo those changes. What issues did you have before you messed with the system, what FPS were you getting? What power supply are you using?
I didn't have any issues before I made the changes. Things were starting to get really bad and was lucky to find an old system restore. It seems to have fixed the problem but made another mess of problems I've been fixing slowly.
At this point I think if I want better performance and quality I need to do some upgrades.
Thanks for your reply!

Last edited:
Solution