Question Mag b550m mortar wifi gargage and not working

Twezzz

Commendable
Mar 26, 2020
This motherboard doesn't work.

I bought it brand new and it only opens bios.

I followed several guides to flash bios and none of them work.

It can't see MSI.ROM on the fat 32 formatted usb stick. The bios light blinks all night and achieves nothing if I try via the back button.

I'm most likely gonna throw it away and buy a prebuilt pc instead because I don't want to work full time in tech support.

It can't see MSI.ROM on the fat 32 formatted usb stick. The bios light blinks all night and achieves nothing if I try via the back button.

I'm most likely gonna throw it away and buy a prebuilt pc instead because I don't want to work full time in tech support.
Some mobos require you to put the bios in a labeled file or rename the bios itself

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

Why not tell us the entire story rather than starting in the middle?

Twezzz

Commendable
Mar 26, 2020
Unless it's sitting alone, with nothing connected to it, then it's not.

You say you don't want to play tech support, yet you don't mind us doing so with far less information about the situation than you have.

Best of luck to you!

It was sitting with the usb with the latest bios on that it can't see because it's garbage

Minis the factor of pre builts being more tech support then just doing it right yourself xD

Not sure why since building it yourself you're responsible for everything...even just getting it to turn on to install an OS. A pre-built you just take it back to the seller and drop it in their lap if it won't turn on and boot directly into the OS.

Same with BIOS updates: Dell and HP do it for you with their support tools. I'd imagine others do the same since there's a lot of folks who share @Twezzz 's attitude about it.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS