[SOLVED] MAG27CQ vs MAG271CQR?

Currently the MAG27CQ is on sale for $503.98 CAD (including tax n shipping).

I have done some research i'm on the fence if I should buy this monitor today as it's on a pretty good sale ($60 off).

Hoping somebody here might have experience with either monitor. From the numbers n stuff i've seen it seems the MAG27CQ has better numbers, even though it's an older model. But i'm reading a lot of ghosting comments that worrys me. I don't even think i've ever experienced ghosting? I haven't bought a new computer / monitor in about 8 years and this monitor is the last piece of the puzzle.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/NQxYwh is my computer for more context.

Also wouldn't mind recommendations for certain monitors, period. But this monitor basically came into a pretty nice price range so i'm hoping it's a good buy.

Basically wondering If I should maybe wait out for another sale on a different monitor, including the 271CQR. Or if the MAG2&CQ is a pretty good monitor to buy, period.

Solution
If you take a look at their respective spec pages you can see the only major differences are with:
  • Brightness
  • Color accuracy
  • Video ports
  • Audio port
  • and screen rise and tilt
https://www.msi.com/Monitor/Optix-MAG27CQ/Specification

As for ghosting I can't say personally, though I do have the MAG321CQR variant, which pretty much uses the same design as the 271CQR and I can tell you ghosting is not an issue. The only major issue is color banding, which is being able to see stripes of color that the screen can't differentiate a shade next to another shade. This is only prevalent to low res images though so it doesn't bother me much. I still game...
If you take a look at their respective spec pages you can see the only major differences are with:
  • Brightness
  • Color accuracy
  • Video ports
  • Audio port

As for ghosting I can't say personally, though I do have the MAG321CQR variant, which pretty much uses the same design as the 271CQR and I can tell you ghosting is not an issue. The only major issue is color banding, which is being able to see stripes of color that the screen can't differentiate a shade next to another shade. This is only prevalent to low res images though so it doesn't bother me much. I still game, video and photo edit with no issues.

If you don't need the latest and greatest features than the CQ will be best for the price over the CQR for standard 1440p 144Hz gaming and misc usage.

Solution
  • Brightness
  • Color accuracy
  • Video ports
  • Audio port

As for ghosting I can't say personally, though I do have the MAG321CQR variant, which pretty much uses the same design as the 271CQR and I can tell you ghosting is not an issue. The only major issue is color banding, which is being able to see stripes of color that the screen can't differentiate a shade next to another shade. This is only prevalent to low res images though so it doesn't bother me much. I still game, video and photo edit with no issues.

If you don't need the latest and greatest features than the CQ will be best for the price over the CQR for standard 1440p 144Hz gaming and misc usage.
Thanks for the reply. It seems this monitor isn't compatible with G Sync through all the posts i've read. Are you using an Nvidia / G Sync?

Thanks for the reply. It seems this monitor isn't compatible with G Sync through all the posts i've read. Are you using an Nvidia / G Sync?

Yes, Nvidia upgraded their compatibility list to allow many freesync monitors to utilize gsync if you have an nvidia card. I wasn't able to when I first bought the monitor since nvidia didn't do that back then, but as of now I am now able to enable gsync in the nvidia control panel.