Magic disappearing 3tb red nas drive

e.manion009

Prominent
Nov 14, 2017
Hi I have a 3tb wd red nas drive, I was using it in a windows based nas system when several power outages happened, long enough apart that each time I had thought it was safe to turn the computer back on (power outages cooked the UPS) now the drive worked for several weeks after those failures, then one day the 3tb red drive dissapered from the windows drive lists and the computer management, after a restart it came back, this happened a few times, days apart, now the drive only gets recognised as an unknown drive in gparted but it lists the right size of drive, I have tried the drive in several different configurations including 3 different computers and 2 external enclosures and nothing can read the drive. I would like some of the data back that was on it but I can't get gparted to write a new table so I can run recovery on it. the drive spins up and doesn't make any noise other then spinning disk noise a normal drive makes, it also causes the hdd read light to flash on and off like it's reading the disk but nothing shows up in bios, and Linux sees an unknown drive and the right size of disk but can't even access smart info off the disk. if there is a duplicate issue like this i couldn't find it in any searches with google or the forum search, please if anyone can point me in a direction to fix this I'd appreciate it! thanks!

e.manion009

Prominent
Nov 14, 2017
I keep getting drive not ready errors, if test disk and recuvia can't see the disk they can't scan it, it's weird, some of programs on my live usb can see it is a western digital and can see the model number but others can't see it and scan it because the drive isn't ready, so frustraiting.