Magnetic Lid Sensor

Herald_1

Prominent
Mar 9, 2017
I hava a HP Elitebook 820 G1 Serial Number USH527LOZV and ProductID: F1R80AWR#ABA.
There is Windows 8.1 running perfectly. Recently the laptop started failing to boot when I press power button. Now when I open the Lid, the laptop starts booting but the POWER CUTS off as if there is no battery and power has gone off. When I open the lid and quickly close the lid the laptop works fine and I can use it only when I am connecting an external monitor.
1. I tried to upgrade the BIOS version to the latest one but the problem persists.
2. I tried to turn it off and remove the RAM, CMOS battery and put them back press power button for 60 sec before putting the battery but still can't work.
3. I tried to remove the magnet at the LCD cover and try to use the power button to turn on the laptop but still the button is not working (the cable from the button to the switch is intact)
4. I assume the problem is on the magnetic sensor how can I restore it help.

Herald_1

Prominent
Mar 9, 2017
Never mind guys,

I have noticed that the switch (power button) has a problem.
I disconnected the power switch cable from the motherboard while the laptop is connected to the power and it turned ON perfectly with the LCD (lid) opened. The cable of the switch looks fine but the board of the power switch has some shorting (the power button board is on a separate board not on the motherboard).

So far when I remove the switch board I cannot turn on using the laptop by opening the Lid. I temporarily connected the power switch cable but without clipping it and am using F1 or F2 or F3 key(s) to turn on the laptop. Love

TRENDING THREADS