Mail Enabled Groups Empty in outlook

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.exchange2000.active.directory.integration,microsoft.public.exchange2000.admin,microsoft.public.exchange2000.misc,microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory (More info?)

Some of our Groups are empty of members in outlook. But then we look at the
groups in Active Directory Users And Computers the members are there.

The manager of the group who have the right to update the members of the
group, Are not allowed to do this from outlook.

These groups are not possible to e-mail to from Outlook And we get this
error..
A configuration error in the recipient's e-mail system prevented delivery of
this message. Two recipients are configured with the same e-mail address.
Contact your administrator.

<mail.ourdomain.com #5.1.4>

"Jonas Haggren" <evolver@news.postalias> skrev i meddelandet
> Some of our Groups are empty of members in outlook. But then we look at
> the groups in Active Directory Users And Computers the members are there.
>
> The manager of the group who have the right to update the members of the
> group, Are not allowed to do this from outlook.
>
> These groups are not possible to e-mail to from Outlook And we get this
> error..
>
> A configuration error in the recipient's e-mail system prevented delivery
> of this message. Two recipients are configured with the same e-mail
> address. Contact your administrator.
>
> <mail.ourdomain.com #5.1.4>

Then i got this error and then use the Send Again button and send the e-mail
again. It works perfectly fine to send the e-mail, It works also to send the
e-mail if i use the e-mail address of the e-mail enabled group. But it
doesn't work then i pick the group from the Global Address List

/Jonas

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.exchange2000.active.directory.integration,microsoft.public.exchange2000.admin,microsoft.public.exchange2000.misc,microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory (More info?)

Outlook only knows how to query GCs for group membership, this means that the
DLs MUST be Universal in order to always see the membership. On top of that, it
is possible to set the membership of a group to be hidden though if you do that,
you won't be able to see the membership from ADUC as well (assuming it is the
same user using both methods).

If you have a multidomain forest you almost certainly do not want to use Outlook
to manage DL membership due to issues resulting from which GCs you connect to.

www.joeware.net

Jonas Haggren wrote:
> Some of our Groups are empty of members in outlook. But then we look at the
> groups in Active Directory Users And Computers the members are there.
>
> The manager of the group who have the right to update the members of the
> group, Are not allowed to do this from outlook.
>
> These groups are not possible to e-mail to from Outlook And we get this
> error..
> A configuration error in the recipient's e-mail system prevented delivery of
> this message. Two recipients are configured with the same e-mail address.
> Contact your administrator.
>
> <mail.ourdomain.com #5.1.4>

bondusd

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
Interesting tool for your Outlook. Test it for improvement working with MS Outlook.
ContactsCollector adds people you correspond with to your Address Book.
http://www.stanfordtrident.com/products/ContactsCollector/

thatcomputerchick

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007
I had 2 clients with this problem and just found a solution:

Open Outlook. Now Click "File," "Open," and locate the ORIGINAL .pst file (the one you used for the import), and
open as though you were trying to view your archive files.

Next, open the group that was empty. It should now be populated.

Click "Update Now"
Click "Ok" to have it link the data and delete any bad links.

Close the old Outlook .pst file you opened, restart Outlook and Viola!!