Mail on IE picks wrong email program??

Hello, thank you for the help.

I have two email readers on my hard drive, Outlook Express 6.0 (default)
and
Thunderbird by Mozilla. When I am in my IE 6.0 and I use Windows 98 as my
operating system, and I select Mail and then Send a Link or Sendl a Page, I
want OE to pop
up so I can use the OE Address Book, as in the past. But Thunderbird pops
up and I really do not desire to use Thunderbird to Mail a Link or Mail a
Page.

I went and obtained Thunderbird after OE crashed on me, but I know OE and
like it and want to use it. I use OE for my email and Newsgroups.

When I go to Tools>Internet Options>Programs then Outlook Exprerss is
selected for Mail and I do not see Thunderbird anywhere? I guess I could
delete Thunderbird from my hard drive, but that seems extreme.

Thanks.

Jeff Turner

Gates Mills, Ohio

See if this is helpful.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306098

Ben

"Jeff Turner" <gtohio9073@att.net> wrote in message news:vuPze.403407$cg1.273319@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> Hello, thank you for the help.
>
> I have two email readers on my hard drive, Outlook Express 6.0 (default)
> and
> Thunderbird by Mozilla. When I am in my IE 6.0 and I use Windows 98 as my
> operating system, and I select Mail and then Send a Link or Sendl a Page, I
> want OE to pop
> up so I can use the OE Address Book, as in the past. But Thunderbird pops
> up and I really do not desire to use Thunderbird to Mail a Link or Mail a
> Page.
>
> I went and obtained Thunderbird after OE crashed on me, but I know OE and
> like it and want to use it. I use OE for my email and Newsgroups.
>
> When I go to Tools>Internet Options>Programs then Outlook Exprerss is
> selected for Mail and I do not see Thunderbird anywhere? I guess I could
> delete Thunderbird from my hard drive, but that seems extreme.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jeff Turner
>
> Gates Mills, Ohio

Ben,