Mail.ru Virus Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshhndsd

Commendable
Sep 12, 2016
Hi,

Just recently had a virus attack my laptop called mail.ru. It forces my browsers to open automatically. Even if I delete one browser it automatically redirects to the next one. It is supposedly spyware that's used to monitor my browsing habits amongst other obvious malicious intent. I have two questions and they are:

1. Can this same virus transfer across to other devices if I was logged onto my gmail account on my chrome browser from my laptop.

2. How do I completely remove It?

My worst case scenario would be to format my laptop.

Thanks.

Solution
I advise three solutions at zero cost, which I constantly use: 1) EMSI emergency kit (2017.8.0.7904, it may be used even on external disk (enormous database, no installation required just updating, complete of booting solutions for totally infected pcs!), 2) MBAM very easy and light to use, (but it needs installation and updating), 3) AVG 2016 IS (heavier on Pc, inst and updating). For any different protection, just make sure, they use both 32 and 64 modules! Note that on highly infected Pcs AV inst's are not guaranteed, in this case, use solution 1). Good luck!

victordrake

Reputable
Mar 20, 2014
I advise three solutions at zero cost, which I constantly use: 1) EMSI emergency kit (2017.8.0.7904, it may be used even on external disk (enormous database, no installation required just updating, complete of booting solutions for totally infected pcs!), 2) MBAM very easy and light to use, (but it needs installation and updating), 3) AVG 2016 IS (heavier on Pc, inst and updating). For any different protection, just make sure, they use both 32 and 64 modules! Note that on highly infected Pcs AV inst's are not guaranteed, in this case, use solution 1). Good luck!

Solution

SumTingW0ng

Reputable
Aug 6, 2017

1) No it will not transfer to other devices if you log in to your Gmail account, but instead it will steal your Gmail account.

2) Run these following tools in COMPLETE FULL SCAN NO QUICK SCAN.

1) Malwarebytes Anti Malware

2) Emsisoft Emergency Kit

3) Kaspersky TDSSKiller

4) HitmanPro

5) Norton Power Eraser

6) ESET Online Scanner

7) Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool

After running these following tools, make sure you reset your internet connection settings and browser settings because some computer threat able to modify internet connection settings and browser settings. Format your laptop is a good choice as well if you want to start from the scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.