Main Bios checksum error

keval

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
Hello,
I have been getting this error 2-3 times a week.
Also, sometimes the PC becomes so slow that the only option left is RESTART.
So are both of these related to eachother?
I have a Gigabyte 880GM USB3 motherboard and use AMD X4 955 BE with 8 gig RAM.
Thanks

keval

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
I had activated the Core Boost thing.
So yes, i guess it was in OC'ed mode.
Thanks for reminding that ;)
Will see if that works and let you know if i change the CMOS battery.

Makinbacon

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011
I have found that if you not a experienced OCer then you may creat an unstable system by OCing. As i have done. If you go to far it will not boot. I was usually limited by my ram. It wouldn't go faster so i had to set my mem setting to limit my mem speed at its tolerated level. if you raise your CPU speed and dont set the other settings and leave them on auto the system will auto clock those items many time taking them past their limits and applying stress. If you successfully OC and the voltage isn't enough and you PSu power spikes fluctuates it may cause errors. How do you get experience? learn as you go. Read posts on tom's hardware. Use google. Good luck.

keval

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
well, i disabled the Core Boost and i faced the "pc gets too slow" thing twice only and that's something with chrome i guess..cause i closed chrome and PC was normal then..!!!

And now i still face the checksum error..and 1 more problem has started..the PC doesn't boot at once..i need to hit the ON button 2-4 times and then it starts!!! :(
Please let me know the possible reasons..so i can rectify the problem...
Yet i haven't changed the CMOS battery...im a bit busy and can't find time for that :(

keval

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011

But currently i'm not OC'ing!!
Still if you want me to do so, will do it when i find some time and reply here...