[SOLVED] Main drive question about folder under user (me) called Searches

Chas2015

Prominent
May 27, 2019
I happened across this folder and how I dont remember but it has two subfolders? one called 'Everywhere' and one called 'Indexed Locations'. These folders are accessible and seem to hold a lot of information I dont particularly want anyone to see. So...can the contents of these folders be deleted? I understand that the search configuration setting for the search function for windows has to stay.

Chas2015

Prominent
May 27, 2019
If it is a subfolder under your Username, no one else can see it unless they have your password or access to an Admin account.
thank you....the Searches under the c: drive (main drive with windows 10) is under my user name yes....while I was doing other things and just before I came back here, the Everywhere subfolder under Searches load everything it had in it and there are tons and tons of files in there. Some from way back in 2009. All different names from short three letter to a oddly named file and just gibberish. I see you are USAF retired.... I'm disabled veteran US Army. Thank you for your help. I think this is going to need some more investigation... all that many files I never knew about make me wonder....

USAFRet

Titan
Search and index will eventually list everything. That's what it is there for, faster access to files and data.

All that is stuff that was either on that system at one time, or someplace on the web you went to.

But if it is still seeing stuff from 2009, maybe it is time for a full wipe and reinstall of whatever OS is on there. a decade is a long time.
Which OS is this?

And than you for your service as well.

Reactions: Chas2015

Chas2015

Prominent
May 27, 2019
Search and index will eventually list everything. That's what it is there for, faster access to files and data.

All that is stuff that was either on that system at one time, or someplace on the web you went to.

But if it is still seeing stuff from 2009, maybe it is time for a full wipe and reinstall of whatever OS is on there. a decade is a long time.
Which OS is this?

And than you for your service as well.
Its Windows 10 and was updated before July so I got it free and have a digital license. Its ver. 1903 now, which is the latest...I have all the parts for a new machine and have been building computers since the early nineties. This new stuff tho is going to be new to me but its going to be badass. Now MS support which I pay for had me download the latest Win 10 OS and we did the keep files part so it kept files. I had a system crash is why we had to do this. My concern is those files being there and MS reading them as some are personal. So I was wanting to know if they can be deleted and came here first. Of course on the top it shows everything I did today....that is annoying since I'm working on a privacy website and just now finding this out purely by mistake. I have a boatload of privacy apps etc. and use the most secure apps and browsers, also am trying to make my digital footprint as small as possible and it takes a lot of work...I am working on backing up everything to my backup off site now...