[SOLVED] Main H81M-A Will Be Fine With I7-4790 when playing game ?

nguyencongthienvu

Reputable
Feb 11, 2019
Hi I have main H81M-A and cpu i7-4790. I have confused if i playing game like real word and cpu usage 100% so H81M-A will be fine with it ? Because H81M-A only support 4 pin.

Solution
Turbo boost and "overclocking" share some of the same behaviors, but they are NOT the same. Your boost clocks, unless you've modified the settings for the boost behavior in the bios to be the same for all cores, will only boost a single core to 4Ghz, not all cores (Possibly even at higher clock speeds) like a manual overclock.

You are fine. For this platform and CPU, they would not list the 4790 if the board was not capable of fully supporting it's operation, whether gaming or not.
If you don't already have the most current BIOS version for your motherboard, you MAY need to update in order for that CPU to be supported. If you do have the latest or at least version 0909 or newer, then you should be fine.

As far as the 4 pin EPS connector is concerned, an 8 pin is really only a factor when overclocking, which of course isn't realistically supported for that CPU or that motherboard anyhow. It should not have any affect on gaming.

nguyencongthienvu

Reputable
Feb 11, 2019
If you don't already have the most current BIOS version for your motherboard, you MAY need to update in order for that CPU to be supported. If you do have the latest or at least version 0909 or newer, then you should be fine.

As far as the 4 pin EPS connector is concerned, an 8 pin is really only a factor when overclocking, which of course isn't realistically supported for that CPU or that motherboard anyhow. It should not have any affect on gaming.
My bios version is 0909.
My i7-4790 default turbo boost is on so it can run max 4-GHZ when playing game. I just scare when it reach 100% with turbo boost on, my main can not supply enough power for cpu and finally boom T_T.

Turbo boost and "overclocking" share some of the same behaviors, but they are NOT the same. Your boost clocks, unless you've modified the settings for the boost behavior in the bios to be the same for all cores, will only boost a single core to 4Ghz, not all cores (Possibly even at higher clock speeds) like a manual overclock.

You are fine. For this platform and CPU, they would not list the 4790 if the board was not capable of fully supporting it's operation, whether gaming or not.

Solution