[SOLVED] Main monitor won't get signal

Oct 8, 2021
Hi so my main monitor keeps getting the NO HDMI SIGNAL message and idk why. I just built my pc and all the parts were used but everything seems to be working fine except the second monitor. When I tried uninstalling the graphics drivers the second monitor did turn on but it wasn't extending, it was just mirroring my main monitor. As soon as I installed the drivers it turned black and got the no signal message. When I restart my pc the monitor turns on and I get the windows logo and MOBO logo but as soon as it hits the passcode/pin screen it turns black. I have a RX580 and my monitor is connected via a DisplayPort to HDMI cable while my secondary is a straight HDMI cable that works fine.

Solution
monitor keeps getting the NO HDMI SIGNAL message and idk why

it can just be a low quality adapter cable causing the issue.
you will see many mentions of this and similar problems using display cable adapters on any tech support forum.

is the adapter a necessity due to lack of available ports or do you just not have the proper cables needed?
Oct 8, 2021
it can just be a low quality adapter cable causing the issue.
you will see many mentions of this and similar problems using display cable adapters on any tech support forum.

is the adapter a necessity due to lack of available ports or do you just not have the proper cables needed?
Yes it is a necessity because my RX580 has 3 DP ports and 1 HDMI port and my monitor only accepts HDMI.