Question Main screen goes black for few seconds randomly after fresh Windows 11 install

krzys6e

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2014
Hi everyone! A few days ago, I upgraded my computer from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I performed a clean install, which included completely formatting the disks. Since the upgrade, I've encountered some issues when playing games or going full screen on HBO Max for the first time after turning on my PC. My main screen (Odyssey G7, and my GPU is an RTX 3070 Ti) goes black for a few seconds before coming back. Additionally, when AutoHDR is enabled, the colors on the screen appear very gray after screen turns on again. Here's what I've tried so far:
  1. Reinstalling the drivers (with a clean install)
  2. Upgrading the drivers (new drivers were released today)
  3. Disabling power-saving mode in PCI Express
  4. Undervolting the GPU
The Event Log doesn't show anything (or I cant find anything - I checked System and App tabs just after the screen going black)

I didn't experience this issue on Windows 10. Can anyone help me resolve this problem?

krzys6e

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2014
I'm using SilentiumPC Supremo FM2 750W 80 Plus Gold. The issue happenes both while HDR is on and off, and with undervolting and without it. I will try out disabling the g-sync.

The monitor has about a year, and the issue started right after upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11, so I think that it may be a software, not hardware issue.