Mainboard won't start with cpu in it

hanns3000

Prominent
Dec 2, 2017
So i've just built my first pc and when i tried starting it, the fans spin and the lights go up for half a second and immediatly go off. I tried the paperclip trick and it seems like the psu is working. Also i put my mainboard out of the case and tried starting it with only cpu(with cooler) , ram and psu, but same story after half a second it goes off.
Now i was very hopeless so at last i tried running the board without the cpu and suddenly everything seems to work. Fans are spinning and leds and lights are working too.
So my question is: Is the cpu (pretty much) definitely the problem or is it possible that my mainboard is broken. Also if any of you have any other suggestion i would be very thankful. :)

My build is:
Msi z370a pro mainboard
Intel i5 7600k cpu
Thermaltake berlin 630w bronze plus psu

Solution
Well, the thing is, 7600K is not supported by your motherboard. It will not work. You need another moherboard, or another CPU.

Wolfshadw

Titan
As suggested by DRagor, per the CPU Support List for your motherboard, it will only support the 8th generation of Intel Core I-Series processors (Coffee-Lake). The same goes for any of the 3xx series motherboards.

You either need to get a 200 series motherboard or an 8th Generation processor like the Core I5-8600K.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan

Not the first time that's happened and it's not likely to be the last.

-Wolf sends