Major Cmos clearing problem!

Wonderwill

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2006
Every time I try to clear the cmos manually with the jumper on my P965T-A the system stops turning on completely for a while then all of a sudden works later. Many times the bios doesn't even reset at all! This time I overclocked my RAM too far and tried clearing it again but the system won't turn on at all now. Help!

Baren

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2007
Have you release the battery? but you might be right...i have the same problem here...actually not big problem at all,but still not give me solution for that

i also cleared CMOS manually,but it wasn't changed anything at all,couldn't clear enough to back to default setting for my P965T-A,i still don't have CPU clock setting for increase my FSB since i updated my BIOS with new version

try to do this steps...
1. turn off the power
2. release the jumper
3. plug off all the devices from memory, VGA card, harddisk,dvd rom..everything which connected to motherboard
4. release the battery
5. wait for 5-10 minutes
6. plug in all the device,include the jumper
7. turn on the power

well..it should be work, coz it worked for me :)

Wonderwill

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2006
Yeah sorry bout this post still being here...I fixed this issue a while ago. Just looked up some instructions online and figured out what I did wrong! Thanks anyways! :) (I hit the power button with the jumper on clear 8O Could have fried the system!)... :oops: