[SOLVED] Major Ethernet Internet drops

Dec 21, 2019
So I recently just built my new rig beside some realtek audio lag issues never had any internet issues at all until recently when I came back home after work and I can barely get speeds pass 20.00 MBPS. Now i am still unclear if this is a rig issue or just Comcast as i recently called them to get some help on the issue. We reset the modem we swapped out the modem and I even uninstalled network drivers and changed ethernet cords nothing seems to be working. Apparently my wireless looks like its working perfectly fine and im really worried it could be something with my rig I was told not to do anything with my bios cause I could end up messing up the machine.

Update: I did a speed test on my ps4 pro which was hardwired and it was going above 100 mbps for download speed

Windows 10
I7 9700K
ROG Strix Asus RTX 2070 Super
Motherboard: ROG Strix 7390 E
Corsair 16 gig ram
Vandesail LAN Network Cable Cat 7

My Speeds
9 Ping / Download 17.36 / Upload 2.18

Last edited:
Solution
If you wiped and reloaded it was almost surely a software issue, more than likely caused by a windows update. If you have this happen again, boot a linux livecd and see if the problem exists there. If it doesn't, it's a software issue again.
Dec 21, 2019
Update: I just wiped my entire computer and now I am getting my normal 300 mbps speeds again. I am confused and baffled I do not know what it was maybe I downloaded a malware? Maybe when I was having Realtek sound issues or driver issues or maybe one of the drivers was really bad I am really confused

If you wiped and reloaded it was almost surely a software issue, more than likely caused by a windows update. If you have this happen again, boot a linux livecd and see if the problem exists there. If it doesn't, it's a software issue again.

Solution