[SOLVED] Major FPS drops in every game i play.

Jun 5, 2020
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs9A7LvNkZc

Whenever i play a game, my fps drops from 30-75 to 15-25 in every game.
My PC specs
AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHZ
ASUS GTX 750TI 4GB STRIX
16GB 1866 DDR3 HyperX RAM
Chieftec CFT-650-14CS 650W MODULAR
and a 1TB HDD.
It really annoys me because a month or two ago it was running nicely but since then, it's like a slide show. I've tried every trick in the book and nothing works.
I've also cleaned my PC and applied new thermal paste to my CPU.

Last edited:
Solution
12.5C... not bad, so it's not overheating.

The system detects both ram sticks? Dual channel mode detected?

Have you scanned the PC for viruses/malware?
Adwcleaner free tool is available if you only have an antivirus: https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner/

Check the health of the storage drive(s).
Here's a link to Crystal Disk Info if you don't already have a means to check that: https://crystalmark.info/redirect.php?product=CrystalDiskInfoInstaller

These ones were taken while i played Borderlands 3 after a gunfight. It has similar system requirements as the game i recorded.
No... no they do not. Taken from Steam:
Mount and Blade: Bannerlord
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • MINIMUM:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
12.5C... not bad, so it's not overheating.

The system detects both ram sticks? Dual channel mode detected?

Have you scanned the PC for viruses/malware?
Adwcleaner free tool is available if you only have an antivirus: https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner/

Check the health of the storage drive(s).
Here's a link to Crystal Disk Info if you don't already have a means to check that: https://crystalmark.info/redirect.php?product=CrystalDiskInfoInstaller

These ones were taken while i played Borderlands 3 after a gunfight. It has similar system requirements as the game i recorded.
No... no they do not. Taken from Steam:
Mount and Blade: Bannerlord
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • MINIMUM:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-8100 / AMD Ryzen™ 3 1200
    • Memory: 6 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Intel® UHD Graphics 630 / NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660 2GB / AMD Radeon™ HD 7850 2GB
    • Storage: 60 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: Integrated GPUs require additional 2GB of system RAM. These estimates may change during final release.
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-9600K / AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600X
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 3GB / AMD Radeon™ RX 580
    • Storage: 60 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: These estimates may change during final release.

Borderlands 3
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • MINIMUM:
    • Processor: AMD FX-8350 or Intel i5-3570
    • Memory: 6 GB RAM
    • Graphics: AMD Radeon™ HD 7970 or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2 GB
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 75 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Processor: AMD Ryzen™ 5 2600 (Intel i7-4770)
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: AMD Radeon™ RX 590 or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
    • DirectX: Version 12
    • Storage: 75 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

1)Bannerlord isn't even a complete game - that's early access. Bugs, glitches, and other optimization issues are abound here. OMG, 50USD is expensive for just early access...
Borderlands is a complete game.

2)The minimum requirements are for 720p 30/60. If you're playing at a higher resolution, then yeah, it's going to be rougher.
The recommended is for 1080p 60 on high - or was it medium? I forget, but it's somewhere around those 2 graphic settings.

3)Assuming you're playing at 1080p here, your cpu is way below the specs for Bannerlord. Even for the minimum, it's still weak.
Borderlands is more flexible with your current configuration.

4)You said it was running fine before, so what could've changed?
A)Game updates, especially on an alpha/beta level game, will either break things, or demand more from the system than it did previously.
B)Motherboard VRMs are crapping out on you. You've got one of those weak 4+1 phase motherboards that can't realistically handle the 125w FX-8xxx and 9xxx cpus long term; they eventually burn out and can't supply the needed power to the cpu.

Solution
Jun 5, 2020
Yes, my RAM is on dual channel and both modules are being detected. My HDD is brand new. I bought it 2-3 weeks ago and it's a fresh windows. triet to troubleshoot it coz i bought an additional 8GB of RAM and that HDD but it doesnt seem to be the problem.

Jun 5, 2020
I think that this motherboard might be the problem like You said. I had Some older FX models including 6350 and 4300 and those were running smoothly on this motherboard and this one is veeeery old. But still, games like GTA V, CS:GO, PUBG and hell, even Civilization 6 and EU4 were running quite nicely untill a couple of months ago so maybe it's time for a new motherboard.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Going out and buying a more robust mobo for an outdated platform is kind of a waste.
If you can afford to shell out for a new cpu/mobo/ram combo instead, that would carry your investment much further.
Ryzen 3300X or 3600
Msi B450 MAX or Asrock B450M A/C
2x 8GBs 3200mhz or faster ram