Question major fps drops when recording

zacrifice

Commendable
Jun 26, 2018
Whenever I record or stream a game, I get hit with massive frame drops (30+ frames). I thought this would be fixed when I upgraded my CPU but that wasn't the case. Any ideas?

CPU: Intel i9-9900K 3.6
GPU: Nvidia 1070ti
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
SDD: WD Blue 250GB

Whenever I record or stream a game, I get hit with massive frame drops (30+ frames). I thought this would be fixed when I upgraded my CPU but that wasn't the case. Any ideas?

CPU: Intel i9-9900K 3.6
GPU: Nvidia 1070ti
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
SDD: WD Blue 250GB
What are you using to record with?

You can try and use your GPU for encoding, the Nvidia NVENC encoder is much more efficient then your CPU.

I thought this would be fixed when I upgraded my CPU but that wasn't the case. Any ideas?
Why would you think that?
Tom's had a benchmark that shows you that even threadrippers and intel X systems lose FPS while streaming.
Streaming uses all available cores and a bunch of games also use a lot of cores overlap is pre programed here so something is going to lose performance.
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/game-streaming-encoding-coffee-lake-ryzen,5326-5.html
If you want to keep your FPS while streaming you have to put the game to real-time priority but you have to MAKE SURE that the game can not use up 100% of your CPU because then that would freeze up your system.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS