[SOLVED] Major hidden problem, cannot find for the life of me

Aug 30, 2019
Hello,

Two weeks ago my pc randomly turned off, I simply pressed the power button and nothing happened. After some checks and googling, I thought it must be either the cpu or moba, so I sent it to scan as it’s still under warranty, they said it was fine... nothing wrong! So they sent it back. I then thought well it must be the psu! After doing the paper clip test I found out it was that, so Instead of waiting months for corsair to reply and get the ball rolling with the RMA I decided to just purchase another one, to be exact this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00HHH8AA6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 however now the pc lights up and when I press the little moba switch for cpu test it now lights up, so we have progressed but just not even to even boot :(

Any other ideas or suggestions guys?

Solution
The cables aren't necessarily wired all the same even if they fit, I'd unplug those other cables and use the ones that came with the new power supply, hopefully that fixes the issue and there isn't any damage to the components.

Wrecker75

Upstanding
Aug 27, 2019
If you have everything connected the power supply may have taken the motherboard with it when it went...

Did you run the cables that came with the Seasonic?

Remember the CPU power cable?

Last edited:

Wrecker75

Upstanding
Aug 27, 2019
The cables aren't necessarily wired all the same even if they fit, I'd unplug those other cables and use the ones that came with the new power supply, hopefully that fixes the issue and there isn't any damage to the components.

Solution