[SOLVED] Major Issues after Blue Screen

Jun 19, 2021
So today I got a blue screen of death. Tried a bunch of options and nothing was working just a endless repair loop.

So pulled a spare SSD from another computer. Attempted to install windows on it from USB it goes through all the steps that it’s installed and then on restart it fails and goes back to purple screen for fresh install.

I’m out of ideas I thought it was my SSD but it seems all of them are failing. Any ideas on what it could actually be?

Solution
you can't inside windows anyway

1. go to settings/update & security/recovery
  2. under advanced startup, click restart now button
  3. this restarts PC in a blue menu
  4. choose troubleshoot
  5. choose advanced
  6. choose command prompt
Type diskpart and press enter

Type list disk and press enter

This will show the list of drives currently attached to PC, make note of the drive number of the drive you want to wipe

If Disk 1 is the drive you want to clear, type select 1) and press enter. A message will confirm it is selected

Warning: Diskpart Erase/Clean will permanently erase/destroy all data on the selected drive. Please be certain that you are erasing the correct disk.

Once you sure its right disk, type...

Colif

Win 11 Master
what motherboard is it?

should be able to avoid the install restarting after the first restart. Some bios have a mode called Boot override which lets you pick a USB drive to boot from once and next boot it will go back to normal drive, which is what it should do during install but sometimes it just restarts installer on the 1st restart

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2021
Well I got a SSD to work but currently trying to wipe the M2 SSD and it won’t let me. As I wrote this I realized I was booting from wrong device. Got Win10 up and running but now I can’t wipe the old SSD

Colif

Win 11 Master
you can't inside windows anyway

1. go to settings/update & security/recovery
  2. under advanced startup, click restart now button
  3. this restarts PC in a blue menu
  4. choose troubleshoot
  5. choose advanced
  6. choose command prompt
Type diskpart and press enter

Type list disk and press enter

This will show the list of drives currently attached to PC, make note of the drive number of the drive you want to wipe

If Disk 1 is the drive you want to clear, type select 1) and press enter. A message will confirm it is selected

Warning: Diskpart Erase/Clean will permanently erase/destroy all data on the selected drive. Please be certain that you are erasing the correct disk.

Once you sure its right disk, type Clean and press enter

The Command Prompt window will display the message "DiskPart succeeded in cleaning the disk". Close out of the Command Prompt window by clicking the red X in the upper right hand corner.

restart PC.

will need to use disk management ro remake partitions on ssd before you can use it.

Solution
Jun 19, 2021
Yea that actually didnt work I tried that. My Bios has secure erase and I did it that way. not sure what the hell happened, but I loaded windows back on the M2 and its running like nothing ever happened.