[SOLVED] Major issues with Windows 10

Mar 25, 2020
Evening..

I dont usually post threads for help, but I'm literally pulling my hair out trying to resolve these issues.

I recently upgraded from win 8.1 to 10 a couple of days ago (I know I'm late, but I've heard to many people complain about w10..). Last night I performed a fresh install of w10 after I ran into a couple of initial issues and all was fine this morning.

Once I'd done my fresh install I downloaded 'device booster 7' software to upgrade all my drivers easily. Now after I switched my comp back on, I've lost my network connectivity and my audio is down. My network adapter status shows "windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. Code 56".
I use an ethernet cable, but nothing is showing up for me now in networks.

My sound settings show no output or input devices found, even though it's all plugged in etc. All drivers are up to date.

And to top it off, I now cant do another fresh install of w10 as i get the error "there was a problem resetting your PC, no changes were made".

I've attempted the majority of the "fixes" for each issue and none have resolved any, so I'm extremely stuck.

Spec:

Intel i5 4670k
Geforce GTX 1060
Windows 10 Home.

Checking my spec and it's also stating "Not available" for my cpu and ram... I'm assuming something major has failed..

Any help would be appreciated

Solution
It was a digital purchase so I'm not able to do it via usb/DVD. Unless theres a way of obtaining it another route?
Since it was a digital purchase, the product key should be linked to your Microsoft account. You can also obtain the key in one of two ways that I know work.
  1. From PowerShell or elevated Command Prompt: wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey
  2. http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html - download ProduKey from here

You will probably have to use a friends computer to get ProduKey and a Windows ISO.
Mar 25, 2020
Reinstall Windows and get the drivers from the manufacturers websites. I never trust any 3rd party tool to download drivers. The device scanners to get the most current drivers from Intel, nVidia, AMD are fine.

As I stated, that would be my go-to but I'm getting an error when I try to perform a fresh install, or reset it. I'm out of options really.

Mar 25, 2020
Have you booted to a Win10 ISO via USB Stick or DVD? If not make a bootable USB or DVD with Win 10 on it. Boot to that and delete the partitions where Windows is installed and install new.

It was a digital purchase so I'm not able to do it via usb/DVD. Unless theres a way of obtaining it another route?

Mar 25, 2020
Don't do reset.
Perform clean install (that means wiping current OS drive first).
You can also try System restore.

And from now on - avoid using Driver booster or other similar software.

System restore was another route I tried to go down. I'm also getting an error trying that. I can upload pics of these errors if that's easier to pinpoint what's going on

Does your windows have an option to go back to previous version of windows?

go-back-to-earlier-build-not-available-thumbnail.png

Since it was a digital purchase, the product key should be linked to your Microsoft account. You can also obtain the key in one of two ways that I know work.
  1. From PowerShell or elevated Command Prompt: wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey
  2. http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html - download ProduKey from here

You will probably have to use a friends computer to get ProduKey and a Windows ISO.

Solution
Mar 25, 2020
Managed to use the 'Reset PC' option (only thing I could do) which fully reinstalled Windows for me. Wasnt able to do it the normal way, but got to it through the advanced settings. All back to normal now.

Appreciate you guys trying to help

USAFRet

Titan
Managed to use the 'Reset PC' option (only thing I could do) which fully reinstalled Windows for me. Wasnt able to do it the normal way, but got to it through the advanced settings. All back to normal now.

Appreciate you guys trying to help
I would seriously still consider a full wipe and reinstall.
Start from a known blank slate.

Reactions: wpgwpg