Question Major issues

Jul 14, 2022
Right so, for over half a year now, i experience crashing / random BSOD when attempting to run my ram at 3600mhz (They are designed for 3600mhz)

Everything works just fine if i set them to run at 2133mhz... anything above that and my pc doesnt want to let me in bios again and just bsod.

Ive recently upgraded to a 5950X in hopes of bringing my ram clocks up.

Ive bought 2x of Corsair vengeance rgb pro 16gb 2x8 3600mhz kits but bought the second kit a few months later than the first. Is my ram bad? Is my pc bad? Ive tried reinstalling windows multiple times, sometimes i would get some "Ntoskrnl" error when attempting to run at full speeds..
Super frustrating, ill post my specs below.

Pc Specs: Ryzen 9 5950X 32GB DDR4 3600mhz Rtx 3060 Gaming X Trio ASRock B550 Pro4 ATX

Please help me.

Right so, for over half a year now, i experience crashing / random BSOD when attempting to run my ram at 3600mhz (They are designed for 3600mhz)

Everything works just fine if i set them to run at 2133mhz... anything above that and my pc doesnt want to let me in bios again and just bsod.

Ive recently upgraded to a 5950X in hopes of bringing my ram clocks up.

Ive bought 2x of Corsair vengeance rgb pro 16gb 2x8 3600mhz kits but bought the second kit a few months later than the first. Is my ram bad? Is my pc bad? Ive tried reinstalling windows multiple times, sometimes i would get some "Ntoskrnl" error when attempting to run at full speeds..
Super frustrating, ill post my specs below.

Pc Specs: Ryzen 9 5950X 32GB DDR4 3600mhz Rtx 3060 Gaming X Trio ASRock B550 Pro4 ATX

Please help me.
Start with the proper bios and chipset driver for the mobo.

Jul 14, 2022
Start with the proper bios and chipset driver for the mobo.
Hey, its been a while.
Heres the things ive tried so far:
Update bios & chipset drivers
Update literally all other relevant drivers
Try a new CPU

None of these fixed my issue, and it still persists.
Sorry for not replying any sooner, ive had a hella lot of exams in school for the past months

Hey, its been a while.
Heres the things ive tried so far:
Update bios & chipset drivers
Update literally all other relevant drivers
Try a new CPU

None of these fixed my issue, and it still persists.
Sorry for not replying any sooner, ive had a hella lot of exams in school for the past months
Install just the orig 2 stick kit in the proper slots.....test.

Repeat with the 2nd 2 stick ram kit.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2022
Install just the orig 2 stick kit in the proper slots.....test.

Repeat with the 2nd 2 stick ram kit.
I tried testing the ram with memtest86 but everything seemed fine except this:
IMG20221027213317.jpg

ötzi

Proper
Apr 2, 2022
With Ryzen I would always buy a module from the QVL when running 4 modules, Corsair especially has a lot of compatibility issues (when trying to the run the DOCP settings) with Ryzen and four banks populated.
A pair of 32 GB's of RAM which is on the QVL will most likely solve your BSOD's.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2022
No idea if that's an error or just info.

Seems odd no spd info from 3 sticks.

Does memtest86 run to completion with no errors?

Does it see all 32GB?

memtest86 doesn't complete, it just freezes at some point (woke up to it being frozen)

and I think it does register all 32GB of memory, at least from what I've seen.

Jul 14, 2022
With Ryzen I would always buy a module from the QVL when running 4 modules, Corsair especially has a lot of compatibility issues (when trying to the run the DOCP settings) with Ryzen and four banks populated.
A pair of 32 GB's of RAM which is on the QVL will most likely solve your BSOD's.

I Don't really have a way of buying more ram at this moment, i believe i can still return all 4 sticks for new ones.

Stability problems with 4 DIMM's at 3600Mhz is not uncommon on Ryzen. Your best bet is to have a single kit with 4 x 8GB or 2 x 16GB from the QVL list as suggested above. There is always the possibility as well that the IMC simply doesn't like 4 DIMM's running at that speed and you could encounter issues with other RAM kits.

Jul 14, 2022
Stability problems with 4 DIMM's at 3600Mhz is not uncommon on Ryzen. Your best bet is to have a single kit with 4 x 8GB or 2 x 16GB from the QVL list as suggested above. There is always the possibility as well that the IMC simply doesn't like 4 DIMM's running at that speed and you could encounter issues with other RAM kits.

Would a motherboard upgrade do anything?

Would a motherboard upgrade do anything?
I've heard of situations where the same RAM and same CPU worked fine on one board but not on another. That's a lot of hassle to go to though particularly when it's most likely it won't make a difference. It wasn't clear to me from the above, if you use either kit on it's own do they work fine at 3600Mhz?

Also how have you installed the RAM? It should be the first kit in slots 2 and 4 and the second in 1 and 3.

Jul 14, 2022
I've heard of situations where the same RAM and same CPU worked fine on one board but not on another. That's a lot of hassle to go to though particularly when it's most likely it won't make a difference. It wasn't clear to me from the above, if you use either kit on it's own do they work fine at 3600Mhz?

Also how have you installed the RAM? It should be the first kit in slots 2 and 4 and the second in 1 and 3.

Uhh, no clue how i instaled it, i believe its random...Is there any way to check what kit is what.

And im about to test each stick individually after i update my bios

Uhh, no clue how i instaled it, i believe its random...Is there any way to check what kit is what.

And im about to test each stick individually after i update my bios
I just checked a Corsair Vengeance kit I had lying around, it seems you can tell from the serial numbers. They were identical apart from one digit at the end.

Typically slots 2 and 4 are channel one and 1 and 3 are channel 2. You would want the sticks from the same kit within a single channel.

TRENDING THREADS