Major Manufacturers

Mortifix

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
I was wondering what some of the major video card makers were. I know BFG and XFX are pretty good, but what are some others?

Mortifix

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
OK thanks, also...I am making a new PC sometime soon here and I think im gonna go with the 7600GT. I am wondering if there is any reason I should wait because of upcoming price drops on better cards or anything like that, or will the market be the same like 3 - 4 months from now.

fredgiblet

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2006
To the best of my knowledge neither ATI not nVidia are talking about new cards yet (except ATI's answer to the 7950.) The only real reason to wait is that none of the current cards are DX 10 compatible. But since DX 10 isn't coming out till next year, and games will (probably) support DX 9 for a couple more years, you might as well buy now. In 3-4 months the next generation of video cards will probably be announced but still unavailable, and prices on new video acrds don't go down very fast anyways. Best to buy now.

You should probably consider a 7900GT, it's more expensive but the performance increase is pretty good.

Mortifix

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
Yea I was looking into that, but I keep hearing stuff about power issues and what not. Is this a big thing or a few unlucky people.