Question Major PC issue that happened at random

greezyjeezy

Commendable
Jan 28, 2018
I have a major issue with my computer. First of all I was just playing fallout NV with chrome open. My screens turn white then go to No display. 20 sec later it went to the mobo splash screen and worked again. Maybe 1 hour later the same thing goes on. Just this time the PC does not come back. During this the pc lights and fans never turned off or stopped spinning. but it will not pick up any display inputs from any ports on the GPU.

I tested the GPU in another rig and the GPU works 100%
The mobo test LED Q code thing says AA when I boot and that means its booting to windows normally. so that is good
The mobo has CPU/RAM lights and they are all OFF - Off is good it means the mobo does not detect anything wrong with them.

I am thinking the ryzen PBO killed my VRM or something on my mobo or maybe my PSU killed something? does anyone have a suggestion on what to do or what could have gone wrong.

This is my PC list, and this is the PSU I have https://www.bestbuy.com/site/corsai...y-black/6356248.p?skuId=6356248&intl=nosplash
PCPartPicker Part List

I only ever had intel builds in the past and I never had this issue, I also never used the PBO thing before so that is why I have no idea if that is to blame at all. Parts are hard to come by right now and it took me months to get some of these parts. I really need to know what to replace because the GPU works but I get a no display I really have zero idea what can be broken other then like the PCIE slot or something.

greezyjeezy

Commendable
Jan 28, 2018
What Is your monitor? Is it a free sync capable monitor? Does it use display port only or is it HDMI and display port?
I have one thats DP with freesync and two that are just HDMI.

but like I said if I plug the GPU into my old computer it will work with no issues. ONly when plugged into the rig I built last week it does this. my old PC is like 5 years old so the only parts I can test on it is the GPU.

My CPU does not have an igpu either so there is no way to just test the mobo on its own for a display.

greezyjeezy

Commendable
Jan 28, 2018
Can you borrow an Nvidia video card to see if another card fixes the problem?
I should add this is the second time this happened. I at first had a an x470 board and the same exact thing happened. I returned the board and bought an X570. Now this x570 has the same exact issue as the last x470. both of these happened within 2 weeks of each other.

SO this is why I think its either PBO killing the boards or something like my PSU is killing them.

I had a 3700x with my x470 board. with my x570 I have a 3900x. I sold my 3700x

Juan_Bijero

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2016
I am currently using a Gigabyte X570 mobo with an 3700X cpu. The only problem that I had initially was trying to install Windows 10 from the CD. I was receiving BSOD with Clock_Watchdog_Timeout errors which I fixed by installing the most recent version of Windows 10. With some display port monitors sometimes one needs to start Windows installation using HDMI. I have seen folks use their HD televisions just to get past the problem that the display won't be recognized in bios. This is why I start all my installations using an 12 year old HP monitor.

greezyjeezy

Commendable
Jan 28, 2018
I am currently using a Gigabyte X570 mobo with an 3700X cpu. The only problem that I had initially was trying to install Windows 10 from the CD. I was receiving BSOD with Clock_Watchdog_Timeout errors which I fixed by installing the most recent version of Windows 10. With some display port monitors sometimes one needs to start Windows installation using HDMI. I have seen folks use their HD televisions just to get past the problem that the display won't be recognized in bios. This is why I start all my installations using an 12 year old HP monitor.

The systems worked fime for weeks and the same thing happened to both. the only same parts are the RAM, PSU, case, drives.

The ram is fine I tested the slots.