[SOLVED] Major problem cant boot into BIOS

kingbowcat

Reputable
Oct 9, 2019
I was trying to fine tune my new ram Viper steel 4400Mhz ram got it to 3566 at the cl settings I wanted as 3600 got errors. Everything was fine until I tried 3800 at 16 cl speeds.. saved bios settings and nothing loads not bios but everything on MOBO is on GPU and CPU fans are going except the external mouse and keyboard don't work not powered. However I put a keyboard and plugged into the front of the PC USB port the keyboard had power.

My GPU spins and lights up but I don't get any screen loading at all just a black screen. I took out and even replaced CMOS battery hoping the BIOS would reset and everything would work. Tried pressing delete and F11 to get to Bios from new installed keyboard. Don't even know if it worked as cant see anything on screen. Also tried putting in old ram back in didn't help.

Please give me some advice. Thanks I also recently installed new CPU but no issues with that (5600x)

EDIT debug LED flashing for 'CPU is not detected or fail'

Just got the CPU too. Will resetting bios with jumper help or did removing battery reset it by removing? so my new 5000 processer is failed?

Last edited by a moderator:

kingbowcat

Reputable
Oct 9, 2019
Got new CPU and ram.. 5600x and Vipersteel 4400Mhz. Had to but the ram to 3600 relaxed timings and benchmarked everything was good. Temps fine ect. Problems started when I started to tune the ram with DRAM calculator. Got to cl 14 3600 got lots of blue screen crashes. Finally got it to work at 3566 all cl 14 no blue screens. Decide to try it out at 3800 cl 16 following a safe DRAM calc. But the machine wouldnt boot or go to bios screen. Everything on Mobo runs except the CPU error. How could dodgy ram timings mess with the CPU? wasn't a completely outrageous timings settings either. What can I do to fix this? is my CPU done? I removed CMOS battery but still can't connect. Tried old ram too. What can I do?

kingbowcat

Reputable
Oct 9, 2019
I was wondering if I flashed Bios to the most recent it might help its a beta BIOS update that does the following:
  • Update to ComboAM4PIV2 1.2.0.2
  • Improved USB device compatibility
I already installed the 5000 series update however maybe the new one will help me post?#

Think it is a BIOS issue found a thread on Reddit where people talking about it

'I have the same Mobo and 5800x

Faced with CPU LED issue

So, I opened a web ticket on the MSI forum and got this answer

About this LED, we consulted the relevant department, we will fix this issue in the new BIOS version, it will not cause any issue, please don't worry. After we release the new bios in the future, please update the bios for a try. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.'

Flashed Bios to beta version and everything worked... Yikes was very scary.

Hopefully this can help anyone else who gets no answers.

Last edited: