[SOLVED] Major problem!! GPU @ 100%

My PC is running absolutely perfectly! Games are butter smooth. Temps are ~55°c for both CPU/GPU. But I notice Afterburner showing 100% GPU usage in most games. It has come to my attention that this is terribly bad for the GPU. And not to expect it to last for more than a year or two.

Do I need to lower the GPU usage by capping framerates and/or lower graphics settings or upgrade to a 3080?

Solution
"It has come to my attention that this is terribly bad for the GPU. And not to expect it to last for more than a year or two."

I don't know who told you that, but it's completely false. It's not bad for the GPU at all, it's designed to crank out frames as fast as it can; lots of people asking questions on this forum are having trouble taking full advantage of their GPU due to slow CPUs or RAM and wish they could get their GPU to 100% usage.

So long as your GPU is being properly cooled, running it at 100% usage isn't an issue. I used to do folding@home protein folding calculations 24/7 on my RTX 2060 and RTX 2080; I did it for 9 months straight flat out non-stop and had no issues at all.
"It has come to my attention that this is terribly bad for the GPU. And not to expect it to last for more than a year or two."

I don't know who told you that, but it's completely false. It's not bad for the GPU at all, it's designed to crank out frames as fast as it can; lots of people asking questions on this forum are having trouble taking full advantage of their GPU due to slow CPUs or RAM and wish they could get their GPU to 100% usage.

So long as your GPU is being properly cooled, running it at 100% usage isn't an issue. I used to do folding@home protein folding calculations 24/7 on my RTX 2060 and RTX 2080; I did it for 9 months straight flat out non-stop and had no issues at all.

Solution
Why would you do that?
My PC is running absolutely perfectly! Games are butter smooth. Temps are ~55°c for both CPU/GPU. But I notice Afterburner showing 100% GPU usage in most games. It has come to my attention that this is terribly bad for the GPU. And not to expect it to last for more than a year or two.

Do I need to lower the GPU usage by capping framerates and/or lower graphics settings or upgrade to a 3080?
This is a joke,right?

Troll :kaola: