Major Problems After Upgrading

Robbob2017

Reputable
Feb 7, 2017
I just installed a new psu and graphics card into my computer, I went from a 200wt psu to a 500wt psu, and a msi gtx 960 to a msi gtx 1050 ti. On my old set up I was able to play most games, like BF1, on either medium or low quality settings, and some like Overwatch on High settings. Now I can't even run Overwatch let alone half my games it seems. I updated my drivers and to my knowledge the old ones have been automatically removed when I updated everything. Am I missing a vital part to all this or did I just get "lemons" and send them back? Another problem that I am experiencing is that I can no longer access the Nvidia Control Panel, it says I am not using a display attached to a Nvidia GPU.

Robbob2017

Reputable
Feb 7, 2017
I'm not gonna lie I'm not very computer savvy when you say connect the display to the motherboard or card do you mean like when attaching all the wires from my PSU to my stuff or is there something I gotta do through settings or something similar?

PcRigs

Reputable
Feb 6, 2017
No i mean the wire which goes to your CPU from your monitor.. A vga cable or hdmi cable.. Now you will have two slots in the cpu at the back of the PC to fit this cable.. one will be of the motherboard and the other would be to the graphics card... this cable must be connected to the graphics card for it to work. This can be a reason.

Also, msi 1050 ti gaming edition 4gb needs a 6pin power connection to psu. Just fitting it in the PCIe slot is not enough. Please post the exact model of your gpu and try this :

1. See if you have connected the displays hdmi cable or vga cable to that of the graphic card
2. If you have indeed connected them see if the psu is connected to the graphic card directly. I don't know your exact model but msi 1050 gaming edition 4gb needs a 6-pin connection to PSU