Question Major problems please help!

Nucl3ar

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2013
Hi there just put a system together roughly two months ago now, and after 3-4 weeks I started to have problems.

It started with random restarts right back into windows with no errors. It would be running fine then all of a sudden boom reboot. It could go for hours or even sometimes a few mins, but would end up restarting. Really didn't know what could be wrong and as I have no extra components to test things with I was stumped.
I decided to open it up and make sure everything was connected properly and it started working fine again. Left it on all day while I was at work (which I haven't been doing), and came home to it running strong.
It was short lived though and the problem has escalated. I started getting the restart but it would just shut off and the ram rgb would still be going. Would reseat the power cord as it seemed to be loosening inself and would keep getting a non boot with just the ram rgb, and the power indicator on the mobo lit. Nothing else would turn over and I'm really confused as to what could be wrong.

Here are the system specs, and I really really appreciate anyone taking the time to read this over....

3900x
Gigabyte Aorus Master x570
4x16 Gskill TridentZ Royal 3600
Gigabyte 2080ti aorus extreme
Corsair rm850x
Nzxt x73
10 x corsair ql120

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Check Event Viewer and Reliability History.

Since you have already reseated everything, perhaps consider taking off any OC/XMP profiles. Disable PBO.
Sure that you have already updated your drivers and BIOS, etc.....?

On paper that's a darned nice build. I hope you can resolve this and get it's potential to shine through.

Edit 2...just in case. Have you already tried a fresh, clean install of Windows 10 (assuming this is what you are on)?

Reactions: Karadjgne

Nucl3ar

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2013
Check Event Viewer and Reliability History.

Since you have already reseated everything, perhaps consider taking off any OC/XMP profiles. Disable PBO.
Sure that you have already updated your drivers and BIOS, etc.....?

On paper that's a darned nice build. I hope you can resolve this and get it's potential to shine through.

Edit 2...just in case. Have you already tried a fresh, clean install of Windows 10 (assuming this is what you are on)?

Thank you very much for the reply but as stated it won't boot. I guess I could try setting to the duel bios.
Yes all drivers/bios have been updated, and only OC was XMP. This system was built complete on a fresh install roughly 7-8 weeks ago.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
^ sorry, I missed the part where it isn't booting at all. I thought you were at a higher recurrence interval.
That isn't a bad PSU, so it might be worthwhile to check it with a tester that is easily purchase online and cheaper than a new unit of that quality to start from.

Beyond that it would be a matter of trial and error. Might be worth your while to take this in to a reputable shop in your area and have them diagnose it. Aside from that you could attempt to RMA items at a time and see if anything corrects it.
If I were going to take a stab in the dark approach it would be to start by testing the PSU and then trying to RMA the mobo and hoping that was it. If you have unseated the CPU you might check all it's pins. Of course you could try to clear CMOS and see if it will boot, but that's grasping for straws.

Nucl3ar

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2013
Hey guys update I think I found the problem. I was just about to break all the wiring down to redo, and when I popped out the Strimer cables to just run the stock psu ones I noticed half of the psu end 24pin cable was hanging there. With the mess of cables and it being in behind other ones I missed it.

On a seperate note do I need to use both 8pin cpu cables, or is just one fine?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
3900x, I'd use both of the EPS cables. Even if the cpu doesn't use all that one can supply, it's one of things where it's added security on the off chance that it might, and no point in stressing the pins. The cpu will only draw what it needs and having extra won't hurt or cost anything.

Nucl3ar

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2013
3900x, I'd use both of the EPS cables. Even if the cpu doesn't use all that one can supply, it's one of things where it's added security on the off chance that it might, and no point in stressing the pins. The cpu will only draw what it needs and having extra won't hurt or cost anything.

Ok was wondering read it was more for extreme overclocks, but as I took it out while preparing to trouble shoot my problem, and was wondering whether to bother putting it back in.

Thank you