MAJOR rubberbanding in rust???

i try and budget

Reputable
Feb 3, 2015
ive been playing with my friends and we could be running around and doing stuff and it will be fine. but when i get near a player i dont know i will start to desync and rubberband. i thought someone was using a lag switch but not everyone is using one of those. i can run rust max settings with 60fps. my speedtest is 90 download and 10 upload. my ping to the server is 66 average. i cant find people who have a definite answer. i thought it was maybe my router. i did try and mess with port forwarding on it and stuff but i factory reset it. someone help please!!! and yes im running wired connection which doesnt even matter but i know someone is gonna ask

Solution
Ah... Port forward. Reset the router, some settings may be messed up.
Changing the DNS should allow you to access a different DNS server, and that lowered ping for me.

i try and budget

Reputable
Feb 3, 2015

all good haha. and its literally right next to it. computer is under the desk and router is on top of it. also this is the only game i get this in. even games known to have major desync i dont get any in them

i try and budget

Reputable
Feb 3, 2015

where do i do that again? i remember awhile ago i saw something about dns in control panel but it was set to automatic and when i tried to change it my internet would just go out

i try and budget

Reputable
Feb 3, 2015

what does this exactly do?? i never had to do this on my old router and only started having these problems in rust after an update or after i was messing with port forwarding on my router. dns server has always been set to auto

i try and budget

Reputable
Feb 3, 2015

alright. ill try doing a fac reset again later on. if that doesnt work ill try the dns server. i dont know when as im not at my pc right now. will connecting to a different dns server slow down internet?