Major RX580 Suttering

schaperb9

Prominent
Nov 23, 2018
So I have posted with this problem a couple of times and still haven't figured out my issue. I did a fresh build back in November (my first build btw) and am having terrible stuttering. When I use msi afterburner to benchmark my framerates I am getting in the teens for 0.1% lows and 20s or 30s for 1% lows. It doesn't matter what game, resolution, or settings, it always stutters terribly. I even have tried all low settings and 480p and still the issue. My build is as follows: 2600x, 970 Evo, evga 650 gold PSU, trident z rgb 3200 cl16 memory, sapphire rx580, meshify c, gigabyte b450 Aorus pro wifi. Anyone have any insight into what could be the problem? Maybe some tests to run to help me identify the issue? I have already done everything I can with drivers, used ddu twice to do a clean install. I had high hopes for this set up and I hope this isn't just the performance of the rx580, because if so I am very disappointed.

schaperb9

Prominent
Nov 23, 2018
My CPU and GPU temps are both really good, 48°-52° in game for both. I'll watch my core freq next time I game, don't have an answer for that one yet, although I do know that my GPU stays pinned at 1411mhz (my cards Max boost freq) during the entire gaming session. And yes the build was 100% new with a clean install of windows. Also, yes PC is in performance mode.

Im becoming more and more convinced rx580s are just not as good as I had thought/hoped. Watched a YouTube video earlier where they showed fps, 0.1% an 1% lows, frame time, the whole nine yards and their results weren't all that dissimilar to mine. Either there are a lot of faulty rx580s out there, or they just aren't well performing cards. I hope I'm wrong though.

"Im becoming more and more convinced rx580s are just not as good as I had thought/hoped"

A working RX580 (8gb) will perform very well at 1080p, you are either having a software or a hardware problem.

cbrocks06

Proper
Dec 27, 2018
honestly, reinstall windows and see if the problem still happens.. if it does then you might have a bad card and would have to RMA it.. you should be getting great performance and fps on 1080p

schaperb9

Prominent
Nov 23, 2018
One clean install of windows later and I'm having the same issues... I even went so far as to only download drivers and 1 game so I could make sure nothing else I had downloaded on my system was the problem... Time to RMA? Anything else I could try?

TRENDING THREADS