Major sound card problem!

RedNacz

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2004
I’m furious whit this piece of junk. After last winXP sp2 installation I’ve been having problems whit my sound card. I’ve installed nForce 5.10 drivers and it’s started. I have a epox 8RDA+ system with SOUNDSTORM on it. The problem is that, when I’m starting to configure the speakers everything is ok. In nvmixer in the “spekers work enviorment” it all looks fine. The “NOISE” which is a part of testing comes out of every speaker I have. When I finish the configuration and open any damn file it only works whit 2 channels operating. The other 3 are silent excluding the subwoofer.

HALP!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Could be an SP2 issue, MS has a list of dozens of compatability problems with SP2. nVidia would of course fix those with a new driver release, but then again, it could be a configuration issue. What 5.1 sound sources have you tried, movies?

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

RedNacz

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2004
In games like DooM3 or KOTOR the sound works fine... in 5.1 mode... but in windows and plain' movies... still the same..

HELP PLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;(