Majority of real Phenom Users are Very Happy

thunderman

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2007
The majority of these Phenom users are very happy judging by these customer reviews. Could it be that evil Intel is paying for negative reviews? Once AMD release the higher clocked Phenoms on the B3 stepping, Intel are in big trouble I believe.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16819103226&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&SelectedRating=-1&PurchaseMark=&VideoOnlyMark=False&Page=1

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CP-203-AM&tool=3

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CP-204-AM&tool=3

Phenom for Real native Quad Core! AMD4Life!

Mathos

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2007
Dude, give it up. I'm an AMD fan, but I don't resort to these kinds of things. Most reviews on those sites are going to be positive unless the processor is a completely unstable piece of junk or doesn't work.

TSIMonster

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
Well, for a budget quad-core system they are working well. I just built a Phenom system last week for some video work and testing. It is running very well.

Specs:
ASUS 690G Motherboard
Phenom 9500
XFX 8800GST 320
2GB of A-DATA DDR2 800
Antec earthwatts 430

At all stock settings with anti-virus going it scored 10k in 3DMark06. I thought that was great for stock settings. The CPU Marks were right near 4000.

turboflame

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006

gee, this seems like unbiased and credible evidence to support the conclusion that AMD is beating Intel and Intel is paying people to go on random online stores to criticize AMD's processors. :sarcastic:

OlSkoolChopper

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2007
Thundy, Thundy, Thundy. As Reagan told Gorbachev... There you go again.

And BTW, I'm now getting concerned about Baron. This is the first day back at work for everyone so I expected to hear some great defence about K10s vast supereority. Where are ya Baron????

ImajorI

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2007

EPS 1.05
Volume 63,492,016
Avg. Daily Volume 60,421,755
Market Value $133,253,130,000
Shares Outstanding 5,847,000,000

I disagree.

ImajorI

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2007
And that -4 next to AMD's EPS is not good.

AMD
EPS -4
Volume 16,834,023
Avg. Daily Volume 24,738,265
Market Value $3,477,166,440
Shares Outstanding 554,572,000

More:
Advanced Micro Devices Inc sets a new 52-week low
09:44 a.m. 01/04/2008 Provided By Wall Street On Demand

Advanced Micro Devices Inc crossed below its 52-week low of $6.75 on 9:40 AM ET on January 04, 2008.

These are just evil lies by the double cheeseburger paid Intel pumper. Do not listen to his evilness!

While I take user reviews like these with a grain of salt, the initial reports about the TLB bug and Phenom's poor performance is, like most things in this forum, overhyped and blown out of proportion. And, as with most things, the truth comes out in time. I for one am not surprised that the majority of Phenom owners who are not into virtualization are having a positive experience with a noticeable performance increase over previous gen AM2 procs.

The Intel fanboys can chirp and cluck all they want, but less than $200USD for a quad core is hard for any real enthusiast to not look twice.

Spoken like a genuine troll.

hcforde

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2006
The biggest question is "Who is buying mainstrean computers and how many are sold?" NOT so much who is buying high end computers. Mainstream is where the bulk of the money is made, just like in video cards. Yes I understand how owning the High-end supports sales in the middle but the middle is more price concious, even $50 can make or break a sale easily.

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
Ahh yes, lets read some of those reviews, shall we?

Mr BLunTeD gave a five star rating
Reviewed by: BLunTeD

i cant wait to get my hands on one of these badboys!!!

Amazing! Mr AMD4Ever has had his Phenom for over 1 whole year!!

AMD4EVER
Tech Level: high
Ownership: more than 1 year 11/22/2007 5:36:05 AM The Smarter Choice

Pros: Can't decide to get it? Stop thinking and click the add to cart.

Cons: You reading not buying...

Other Thoughts: This CPU is going to play the defensive role against intel. While it can't beat intel's best in brute power, it still is a great solution. And with AMD new 7 series chipset upgrading won't be a problem when new better Phenom's come out in the near future.

Hmmm, Mr BlackPanther gave fives stars while noting a "bug with this CPU"....doesnt mention actually owning one though....interesting
BlackPanther
bug with this CPU

Pros: it's a Native Quad-Core from AMD.

Cons: Wait for AMD to get rid of the CPU bug known as an Errata.

Other Thoughts: You can get this CPU becuase of the fact that the bug is not noticed under 2.4GHz. That is why AMD pushed back the 9700 to January. You can use this CPU for what it was meant for if you don't Overclock it.

Tim from NJ doesnt own his yet, but gave it 5 stars anyway
Tim from NJ
Tech Level: somewhat high
Ownership: less than 1 day 11/24/2007 7:11:23 AM Anyone else scratching their heads?

Pros: AMD is a lot better than Intel first off even if "speeds" are different. I work in wireless and believe me, lab tests are never correct.

Cons: None. I am picking one up in a couple weeks. Can't wait though I am dissapointed (read my other thoughts).

Other Thoughts: My other thoughts are simple. Last year I first heard about the Quad FX platform and was excited that you could use the same socket when the quad-cores came out. Then I look on AMD's website and find that the new Phenom is AM2+ instead of 1207FX socket. Anyone else disappointed in this decision?

Serge84, calling Serge84, do you or do you not own one? Hmmm, well this clearly isnt a review of something he owns, but he gave it 5 stars just for good measure.
Serge84
Ownership: less than 1 day 11/24/2007 10:18:43 PM AMD announced

Pros: AMD is dealing with the issue with a bios update for the overclocking bug. After that update nobody will have any OCing issues.

Cons: n/a

Hmmmm, dont see Mr "We Stand by AMD" actually talking about a product he owns, but that dosnt syop him from giving it 5 stars anyway
We Stand by AMD
Ownership: 1 day to 1 week 11/25/2007 3:04:22 PM It's all about AMD!!!

Pros: Lets put this into perspective: Does Windows operating systems taking full advantage of quad core processing? of course not. Heck, we are still using 32-bit code after decades!!!

Cons: Intel :(

Other Thoughts: Do you remember AMD's first breakthrough processor? It was the 133 SX or how about AMD's fist 200MHZ CPU or how about the first 500MHZ Anthon or how about the first process ever to hit 1G? My point is this - if you are reading this chances you are an AMD fan. People Who buy AMD love the company and the product. It’s a good balance between performance and price, do the right thing and buy the processor.

Well, ol' Jay5435 wasnt giving a review of a product he owns, just responding to BlackPanther, but he gave it 5 stars anyway
Jay5435
Tech Level: average
Ownership: 1 day to 1 week 11/25/2007 3:02:59 PM To Black Panther

Pros: N/A

Cons: N/A

Other Thoughts: Panther, it is true that AMD's Quad's that were clocked at 2.4GHZ stock and above will be pushed back due to the errata. Although, if you read correctly as to what AMd said to the press, they said that the lower clocked models like this one will be able to overclock passed 2.4GHZ WITHOUT a problem. The only thing that they need to do is update their BIOS as soon as they install the their new Phenom. This bug does NOT exsist in this model, even with overclocking.

alex clearly owns one -----NOT, but hey, while asking a question, why not throw in a five star rating for good measure
alex
Tech Level: somewhat high
Ownership: less than 1 day 11/26/2007 10:55:09 PM

Pros: -

Cons: -

Other Thoughts: could the next person to review this please post what the windows experience index subscore is? thanks.

OK, at this point, Im bored reading through the non reviews from non owner corporate Phanboys.
Of 82 people who gave 5 star reviews, 49 were not verifed as having purchased the product. Of those 33 who were verified ownership (they actually bought the product from newegg) , ownership times were:
less than one day: 6
one day to one week: 13
one week to one month 13
one month to one year 1

The negative reviews are mostly from Intel phanboy non owners

9 inch, you're treading the misreprestation line again. You dont care, but dont be suprised when I fix your problem. This post, like your others is phanboy-flame crap. I dont normally care, as its fun to watch you present bogus data and get mercilessly pwned regardless of who you may or may not be shilling for, but this one misrepresents-misrepresented opinions. Im not anywhere near as forgiving or patient as Jake is....so stick to your Intel is evil schtick, and your out of date or incomplete information you willl have to find a new proxy.

turpit

SMU_Pony

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2006
Thunderman,
Thunderman,
Does whatever a blunder can.
Spins a fib, any size.
Catches newbs in his lies.
Lookout! Here comes the Thunderman!

jwolf24601

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2007
The only thing wrong with the Phenom is it's not better than Intel's quad.

It's priced well though so if you need quad core it's a good deal.

At least until Intel's 45nm low range quads come out, then it's going to be a hard sell for AMD without cutting prices even more...

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006

LOL

sailer

Splendid

So now we know who Thunderman is, at least those of us who have been around long enough to remember 9 inch.

thunderman

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2007
I dunno who 9inch even is? lol

When AMD release the supposed Black edition Phenom, It will wipe the floor of Intel Extreme Edition Quads. Both have unlocked multi-pliers ......one will be a fraction of the cost.

AMD4Life