[SOLVED] make a rtx2080 look like 2080ti

WesTH

Reputable
Sep 9, 2016
im thinking about buying a rtx2080ti off someone who has 4 for sale brand new for a good price but i am worried that it could be a scam and really the card is just a rtx 2080 the 2080 and the ti model of the card looks the same in the box so i was wondering how will i be able to tell its a real ti is there a way he could of flashed something to make it look like a ti when i install it and check the settings ?

Solution
So, 200 pounds cheaper than a brand new card, for a card that can't be very old. And he has four of them? If that's not a scam, I'm a goat. Those are either NOT 2080 ti cards or there is something wrong with them. Nobody would just sell those for 200 pounds off the new price. Not at this point in the cycle, since there is really nothing else they could have upgraded to in order to make those obsolete for them.
So, 200 pounds cheaper than a brand new card, for a card that can't be very old. And he has four of them? If that's not a scam, I'm a goat. Those are either NOT 2080 ti cards or there is something wrong with them. Nobody would just sell those for 200 pounds off the new price. Not at this point in the cycle, since there is really nothing else they could have upgraded to in order to make those obsolete for them.

Solution

WesTH

Reputable
Sep 9, 2016
they are brand new in the box, i live in Thailand so im thinking he got them directly from the company seen as the brand is based in sea the cards he is selling are galax rtx 2080ti oc but i got a feeling they might be the 2080 oc just in a 2080ti box because the cards look the same but i guess there is only one way to find out lol i will buy one and run gpu-z and let you guys know

Looks like you're stuck with an RTX 2080 for the price, of an RTX 2080, but without the warranty in all probability since it's doubtful they are an official retailer or the serial numbers on those units may be blacklisted. Hopefully, that's not the case, but I'm very skeptical.

TRENDING THREADS