Make a wired keyboard into a wireless one?

Ben Clark

Reputable
Jul 8, 2014
Hi, I hope this is the right place to post this. I recently bought a gorgeous Retro Onyx Mechanical Keyboard. On Amazon it said the keyboard was both wired AND wireless but it was out of stock. So I tore the internet apart looking for the same version and... accidentally purchased the wired only version. I have my entire living room built around my computer so I can sit at my couch and use it comfortable. Therefore a wired setup just isn't practical. I'm not going to return the keyboard so I'm wondering if there's a way to make this keyboard wireless? I'm thinking of maybe a wireless, battery operated USB hub or something like that but a google search has left me uncertain about what most of the hubs I've found are actually capable of. Thanks in advance.

Solution
Wireless USB never caught on, there are wireless KVM switches for working with remote stations but you basically need a big box at either side for them to work, and once you look at the cost you will just exchange the keyboard for the wireless version.
Wireless USB never caught on, there are wireless KVM switches for working with remote stations but you basically need a big box at either side for them to work, and once you look at the cost you will just exchange the keyboard for the wireless version.

Solution