Make all 5 speakers push out same sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Seale

Reputable
Jun 15, 2015
How do I have all 5 speakers on surround sound to give the same sound as the front speakers? The rear left and right only push out music and sound effects. It's working how it's supposed too however I would like at times for all 5 speakers to push out vocals and lines as well as music and sound effects.

Solution
If you have a surround sound receiver there is usually a mode for 5.1 stereo so that all the speakers work to distribute sound. It may have a different name like multichannel. The owners manual usually has a description of each surround mode.
Not sure you could do this with a PC as source without switches or changing the way the speakers are connected. Check the audio control panel of the computer.
If you have a surround sound receiver there is usually a mode for 5.1 stereo so that all the speakers work to distribute sound. It may have a different name like multichannel. The owners manual usually has a description of each surround mode.
Not sure you could do this with a PC as source without switches or changing the way the speakers are connected. Check the audio control panel of the computer.

Solution
Aug 15, 2018
Hi, I am having an issue with this as well. I have an AVR135 Harmon Karden and I want to be able to listen to cd's on 5 channel stereo and 5.1 surround for tv and movies. When I play cd's (PCM) I use the 5 channel stereo mode naturally. My problem is that I don't get the same sound from the back surround speakers. it is supposed to distribute the same output to all 5 speakers but the rear pair does not have the same sound as the fronts. the front highs are really crisp and bass is nice and deep. the rear sounds muffled a little, highs not as crisp and they are the same brand and series as the front. I feel ripped off having spent the money on a second pair specifically to have sound from 4 corners of the room. even raising the db level of the backs did not solve the problem. is this because the rears are connected in the surround output jacks on the back panel ? no choice, that's all there is to connect the rears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS