Make and model

drogers11

Prominent
Jan 11, 2018
How do I find the make and model of my motherboard? I've just done a fresh install of Windows 7 and now have no Ethernet, wireless or USB drivers, nor is my DVD drive recognizing discs that I insert. I tired to install drivers for a wireless usb network adapter from a disc but couldn't do that either. I'm guessing I need to down load my motherboard's chipset onto a usb stick via another computer, but then how am I going to get that chipset onto my Win7 computer with no USB drivers. Help, I'm stuck.
Dave

Solution
I've solved the puzzle of how to get drivers onto my Win7 computer when I realised that it had a functioning SD card slot. I guessed with AMD motherboard type I had, thankfully correctly and loaded a full chipset onto an SD card using an internet connected computer and then ran the AMD exe file from the SD card in my Win7 machine. Job Done

drogers11

Prominent
Jan 11, 2018
I've solved the puzzle of how to get drivers onto my Win7 computer when I realised that it had a functioning SD card slot. I guessed with AMD motherboard type I had, thankfully correctly and loaded a full chipset onto an SD card using an internet connected computer and then ran the AMD exe file from the SD card in my Win7 machine. Job Done

Solution