make display full screen

Filip Tomic

Reputable
Jan 16, 2015
I have a samsung monitor capable of 1080p@60hz which I have set on display properties of my windows 8 computer. I have tried underscaning/overscaning but it doesn't fit perfectly. I then tried from my tv settings to adjust the size but it has presets only (Wide, 16:9, Zoom1, Zoom2, 4:3) and none of these fit right.

Solution
Look, Filip, I'm helping you as best as I can over the internet; it's far from easy or efficient. I don't get paid to do this. I have huge workload with school and work, and I do this in my spare time and out of the little goodness that exists in my heart. If you want to complain, figure it out yourself. Saying things like "i thought you are all tech gods!" only makes me not want to help you.

Does the slider not let you go all the way to 0%? And just to make sure, you are using a monitor, correct? If so, can you tell me the model of the Samsung?

ihog

Distinguished
Can you please let us know what your graphics card is? Also, could you take a picture of the screen and post it here, so I can better understand what is going on?

Are you able to set the resolution to 1080p and the refresh rate to 60 Hz?

Are you using two different displays? I ask because your first said "Samsung monitor" and then you said "TV."

Filip Tomic

Reputable
Jan 16, 2015

Graphics card: AMD Radeon R7 200 series
kL6kS3Y.jpg

Yes, I have set 1080p with 60hz
I switched monitors from a bigger samsung tv to a regular samsung monitor. I did not have any trouble with the tv.

ihog

Distinguished
Look, Filip, I'm helping you as best as I can over the internet; it's far from easy or efficient. I don't get paid to do this. I have huge workload with school and work, and I do this in my spare time and out of the little goodness that exists in my heart. If you want to complain, figure it out yourself. Saying things like "i thought you are all tech gods!" only makes me not want to help you.

Does the slider not let you go all the way to 0%? And just to make sure, you are using a monitor, correct? If so, can you tell me the model of the Samsung?

Solution