Make external monitor primary

ajdoyleau

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013
Hp Laptop, screen damage, have external monitor, want to make it primary. Display properties wont let me select the box for it.

WyomingKnott

Legenda in Aeternum
I don't know, but I have a suggestion. I did a quick test, and I can open Display Properties on my secondary screen and make it primary, so I don't know why you can't. But can you boot laptop with screen closed? It may detect external monitor and use it?

Or there may be a function key on your keyboard for cycling between LCD / CRT / both. One or two presses of that could solve the issue. Perhaps fn - F4? EDIT - cycle it until the laptop screen is turned off and only the external screen is active. It will have to be primary.

WyomingKnott

Legenda in Aeternum
I don't know, but I have a suggestion. I did a quick test, and I can open Display Properties on my secondary screen and make it primary, so I don't know why you can't. But can you boot laptop with screen closed? It may detect external monitor and use it?

Or there may be a function key on your keyboard for cycling between LCD / CRT / both. One or two presses of that could solve the issue. Perhaps fn - F4? EDIT - cycle it until the laptop screen is turned off and only the external screen is active. It will have to be primary.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DillonCSK Windows XP 0

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS