[SOLVED] Make ram to help sdd be faster

1111eugene

Commendable
Feb 19, 2019
Hi there humans!:) I have win 8.1 (and yes it works faster disk-wise than win10)
also I have sdd which is my system drive, but the write speed is too slow, because it is 128gb disk
and SATA 2 motherboard......:(
so whenever I write something onto the system disk, the whole system starts to lag....
So I wondered is there a way to make RAM help the disk.
just like there's an option in uTorrent for example.
Thanks a lot.

Solution
Ok, thanks to everybody, I think I've found the solution, tho didn't checked it in the real world tests.
but crystal disk shows this.
the software called PrimoCache
I gave it only 1gb RAM if somebody is interested, also it should increase boot time, haven't chacked it yet

1111eugene

Commendable
Feb 19, 2019
ok, so after that message I googled the intel rapid storage technology (by the way motherboard is from hp z 800 workstation
so it kinda supports it. but when I tried to install the recomended driver version it says I have newer one. So I canceled it. The last IRS drivers don't seem to support my hardware, so I kinda have optimal configutarion, speaking about Intel rapid storage. here's the results..
still, is there a way to make write be faster?
I have clean OS version with everything configured and turn on, except firewall, defender and recovery, so all the rest tend to make work the OS faster..
so, any ideas on how to use ram as a disk writing cache? if there is in uTorrent, it should be also in windows right?

to be more technically precise, it's not about how to make the disk be faster,
it's about how to make it not freeze and lag
tho it will make it much faster, especially on writing a big amount of small files

Last edited:

1111eugene

Commendable
Feb 19, 2019
Ok, thanks to everybody, I think I've found the solution, tho didn't checked it in the real world tests.
but crystal disk shows this.
the software called PrimoCache
I gave it only 1gb RAM if somebody is interested, also it should increase boot time, haven't chacked it yet

Solution