Question Make the cursor stay in place when tapping my touchscreen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fustrun

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
Hello!

I am not sure if this is the right place to post it but i recently purchased a touchscreen and every time i tap it the cursor jumps to where i tapper rather than staying in place ... is there any setting in windows where i can turn this off or maybe software that can help? the touchscreen is P2418HT by DELL.

Thanks!

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
Do you mean the text entry cursor or the mouse pointer?

The whole purpose of a touch screen is to act like a mouse pointer/click activator using your finger.

If the pointer/cursor would move if you were doing it by conventional mouse it will do exactly the same thing when using your finger by design.

fustrun

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
Thanks for your reply!

I mean the mouse pointer, i use the touch screen as a key/function shortcut board as a separate screen and would like my mouse to remain on my work area rather than being transferred to the touch screen.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
I do not believe this will be possible.

I'd be perfectly happy to be proven wrong if someone knows better, but as I said a touchscreen is meant to move the mouse pointer to the position under your finger by design. They're analogous to any touch screen, where focus is based on the finger's location (and that focus is mouse pointer when connected with a PC).

Status
Not open for further replies.