Question Make the intel RAID config menu NOT appear at post each startup.

Crafthor

Prominent
Jul 7, 2019
I have a RAID setup (with an onboard raid tool by intel on a Gigabyte mobo) on a locked buisness computer. All of bios is properly locked and cannot be played with except for the intel RAID menu which just appears seemingly regardless of what i do to bios security settings. Is there a way to make it not appear unless you have unlocked bios.

gmagdna

Prominent
Jul 16, 2018
Enter UEFI>BOOT>Option ROM messages>and change from "Force BIOS" to "Keep current".

That's form a 2014 post in another forum. It's the only solution I've ever seen offered, and it worked in a system for me.

Crafthor

Prominent
Jul 7, 2019
Enter UEFI>BOOT>Option ROM messages>and change from "Force BIOS" to "Keep current".

That's form a 2014 post in another forum. It's the only solution I've ever seen offered, and it worked in a system for me.

What motherboard was that, i think the gigabyte Z97M-D3H here doesnt have anything even remotely likethe oprion ROM message

gmagdna

Prominent
Jul 16, 2018
I'd need to hunt down the actual post, I had just made a note of it at the time. Pretty sure there were a couple of board mfgs refrerenced. I'll see what I can find

gmagdna

Prominent
Jul 16, 2018
So, the option is available in several Gigabyte boards, but not your model. I confirmed with a few keyword searches in the manual.

I have run across several posts where the controller itself has some settings. Maybe that's not helpful, but thought I's mention it.

Crafthor

Prominent
Jul 7, 2019
So, the option is available in several Gigabyte boards, but not your model. I confirmed with a few keyword searches in the manual.

I have run across several posts where the controller itself has some settings. Maybe that's not helpful, but thought I's mention it.

Thank you for taking the time. I have tried to play with the controller settings, they are very simple and stupid, I have a few of these systems and some just dont do it, some (like this one) do. I'll try to copy their bioses and override the ones that dont do it.

Anyway, thank you for taking the time, ily.
Have a good day!