Make VPN available to other users of the computer

PierreRoy99

Reputable
Oct 29, 2015
I have installed a VPN provider, SonicWALL Mobile Connect, on the main user account of my W10 computer. This user has a Microsoft account user, and is an administrator of the computer. So, I was able to download the SonicWall Mobile Connect app from the store and install it. I have installed the PC version of the app, not the mobile. It works fine with that user.
I have another user, my wife, who also needs to use this VPN to connect to the office. The problem is that she does not see the VPN when she logs in with her account on the computer. It's a local account, not a Microsoft account. We tried downloading the app from the store but you need to have a Microsoft account for this. So the question is, knowing that the VPN is installed and working on my account, how do I give her access to the VPN that I have installed on my account? Her account is also an admin account, she just does not have an MS account.
To be clearer, in my account when I go to the the "Add new VPN connexion", in the provider field there is a drop down list and I see SonicWALL. On my wife accounts I don't see it and I want to see it there.

You can login to a MS account just to install a windows app from the store, and then log back out from it. I only use a local account, but I logged in once with a MS account, then switched back, but the store remembered my cred's and i can still install apps from the store.

PierreRoy99

Reputable
Oct 29, 2015
Thank you for your reply. I tried connecting with my MS account but did not proceed because it tells me something along the lines of "From now on you will unlock this device with this password". I don't want to do this. I want my wife to use her password to unlock her session. Maybe, it is not as bad as the message tells, but for me it looks like I'm abandoning the local user in favour of my MS account. A similar thing happened to me with Skype for Windows 8 where is locked the Skype app with my MS account with no way to go back, so I'm not trusting MS when it comes to mixing accounts.

TRENDING THREADS