Make windows 10 look like windows xp

MrPopadomz

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013
Hey,
I was wondering if there was a programme around that makes windows run and look like XP? like a skin, i've seen things for windows 8 but nothing for windows 10. I just love the classic look and feel of xp.

Math Geek is right. Best of all Classic Shell is free. I use it whenever I use Windows 8, however I haven't found the Windows 10 user interface that hard to use. I wish MS would leave the UI alone, but the one in 10 in a whale of a lot better than in 8 or 8.1.

Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
If they left it alone too long people would complain its old fashioned and needs an update. I remember when XP was compared to Playskool colours. I don't mind Win 10 theme, i use black taskbars and they merge into the bezel of my monitor so well I can hardly see them. helps wallpaper is dark too.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
the anniversary update will change the start menu and live tile thingy a lot and for the better on win 10. but classic shell makes it easy to go back and forth so you can see what it looks like. been enjoying the new start menu for a couple months now with the beta builds. i can say it is a lot better, though you still have to dig deep to make folders and such in the program list. not as easy as it was before that's for sure. took me months to figure out where it was hidden

Colif

Win 11 Master
Most days i only open start up to shut PC down, and even then i could right click start to get same options - not that I ever think of this method.

Everything I run is pinned to taskbar. I don't use much anyway... I have simple needs. Desktop is blank of icons - I want to see my wallpaper, I use a toolbar on taskbar to list whats on desktop if I need any of it.. I just like to keep it simple. The Wallpapers here are too nice to hide :)