making 2 graphics card work together on an AUSE Z97-A

TMar866

Prominent
Jul 31, 2017
Ok someone probably already answered this all ready but I have not found it yet so I'm asking for help.what I have is a new build I'm working with a ASUS Z97-A, 16 GB ddr 3,and a 500 watt Radmax power supply. The on-board Graphics are not working out of the box so I pick up and add an Asus AMD Radeon R7 240 2GB 128-Bit Graphics Card it work fine with 2 monitors but I need to run 3 monitors I read about the switch in the bios and made the change in there for mutuality monitors when I enable this the unit will not restart it flash so I disable the mutuality graphics in the bios and it again works fine. so I pick up a Gigabyte R-7 240 graphic card it on it's own works fine but I still only have 2 monitors with both mounted on the motherboard I can only see one in the device manger so my question is how can I get these to work together.Can I use the Crossfire bridge/jumper or i'm i missing something HELP please and Thank you a head of time...

Solution

That's a ticking time bomb right there.

What CPU do you have? The onboard graphics should work out of the box as long as no GPU is plugged in, and assuming the CPU actually has integrated graphics.
Crossfiring the cards is probably impossible because I doubt they support it, and it also won't give you more monitor support. But both GPUs should work while they're plugged in. Are you sure the 2nd GPU is plugged into the 2nd PCIE lane? (which is like the 5th expansion slot over all counting down from the nearest the CPU.)

Did you connect the 3rd monitor to the 2nd GPU and still not get any video?

jeffdabest

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012
I believe to make two of the same graphics cards work you need a crossfire bridge and once that's done it will allow you to activate crossfire in the amd control panel. As for 3 monitors that card can only drive two non-DP screens at once. You need an active displayport-DVI adapter, or at least one DP-capable display.

That's a ticking time bomb right there.

What CPU do you have? The onboard graphics should work out of the box as long as no GPU is plugged in, and assuming the CPU actually has integrated graphics.
Crossfiring the cards is probably impossible because I doubt they support it, and it also won't give you more monitor support. But both GPUs should work while they're plugged in. Are you sure the 2nd GPU is plugged into the 2nd PCIE lane? (which is like the 5th expansion slot over all counting down from the nearest the CPU.)

Did you connect the 3rd monitor to the 2nd GPU and still not get any video?

Solution

TMar866

Prominent
Jul 31, 2017

OK i took it apart aging and put back and now it's working so thank you i think the 2nd cared must not have been seed right I have 3 monitor up and running and it says i can in stall a 4th one