Making a bootable USB from windows CD

SasiExpLosioN

Reputable
Feb 6, 2016
I've searched on Google how to make a USB bootable to install windows files. I'm planning to buy Win10 CD, but my PC DVD drive is dead (making an annoying noise during startup). so is there anyway to make USB bootable to install windows files? (that I'll buy in near-future)
sorry if you didn't understand anything, I'm trying to improve my English speaking skills (advice is welcome anytime :D)

Solution
You could make a image of the OS disc (ISO) and then use the rufus app to make the flash drive bootable using that image. I think there are freeware apps that you can use to make a image of a physical disc.

6R1M01R3

Distinguished
You could make a image of the OS disc (ISO) and then use the rufus app to make the flash drive bootable using that image. I think there are freeware apps that you can use to make a image of a physical disc.

Solution

SasiExpLosioN

Reputable
Feb 6, 2016

im not sure about these apps. could anyone tell me what is the trusted and good software?

6R1M01R3

Distinguished
1. Make a bootable image from the windows os disc, a .iso file. You can use software for burning discs (like Nero) to make/save a rom image of the disc. For what I remember from Nero was that you used the copy disc option and then select "copy to file" instead to copy to disc.
2. Get the Rufus application to make a flash drive into a bootable drive for the os
3. Load the image into the flashdrive with the use of the mentioned app. Make sure the flash drive is in good condition and empty. The app is pretty easy to use, just dont run the drive checks because those take an eternity.