[SOLVED] Making a printer wireless

MJS WARLORD

Reputable
Jul 3, 2016
I recently saw an article in either computeractive or web user showing a new product that you could use to make a none wi-fi printer work wi-fi.
It was a new type of adaptor , it was just a small aerial with a usb plug on it that you plugged into the printer , no software just plug and play.
When you turn the printer on it just "finds" your hub/modem the same as when you turn on a laptop or tablet.

The bad news is my wife has thrown the magazines out , answers on a postcard please if you can help me.

I meant with the dongle not the wife !

kanewolf

Titan
I don't know of any specific device like you are talking about. Most wireless print servers -- the generic term for what you are looking for, are larger than you describe. One option is to check your WIFI router. If it has a USB port, it may support a printer plugged into the router.

kanewolf

Titan
The second of those devices assumes an ethernet port. If the printer has an ethernet port, then it could work. I think the first link is the same. Using USB stictly for power. If the OP has a printer with wired connectivity, that could also work. I made the assumption that it was a more typical home printer with USB only and that a print server would be required.

Dec 13, 2019
The second of those devices assumes an ethernet port. If the printer has an ethernet port, then it could work. I think the first link is the same. Using USB stictly for power. If the OP has a printer with wired connectivity, that could also work. I made the assumption that it was a more typical home printer with USB only and that a print server would be required.
I stand corrected. USB is what was asked. I made the assumption it had an ethernet port...:confused2:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS